The Biggest Growth Hack You’re Not Using
Tony Robbins popularized the concept of modeling decades ago.
The basic idea is that if you can find what worked for someone who HAS what you want and who THINKS like you want to think, then you can compress 10 years of learning in to 1 year.
This single concept has been the driving force behind any success I’ve been lucky enough to experience in my career (8 companies, $200M in revenue, $250M raised from investors).
Here’s the modern way to apply the concept of modeling to dramatically accelerate the growth of your business.
- Step #1 — Go to iTunes
- Step #2 — Search for the name of your closest competitor (their company name or failing that, the name of their founder)
- Step #3 — Listen to every single podcast interview they’ve done
- Step #4 — Rinse and repeat for your 2nd and 3rd closest competitors
- Step #5 — Identify commonalities in their growth strategies (specific marketing channels, positioning, key hires, etc that 2 or more of your competitors have used)
- Step #6 — Decide which of their growth strategies could be used to accelerate your growth and test them
Sure this takes time, but man it works.
I listen to podcasts of my current competitors for 1 hour every day and implement the strategies they’ve already proven to work.
This is a shortcut to success. You avoid a lot of trial-and-error and engineer growth in a shorter period of time.
This is without a doubt, the best way to compress time and grow your business.
P.S. If you’re in SaaS, the best podcast for this is “The Top” by Nathan Latka.
Get A Free Copy Of My Book “SANE”
Grab a free digital copy of my 5-star rated book “SANE: How To Build Your Business Rapidly Without Going Insane” if you’d like to learn more about the strategies I’ve used to build multiple 7 and 8 figure revenue businesses.