Nowadays web development resources are a bit different from the last few years, in other words, to say that day to day the web development services are getting more typical and up to date than previous five years. As a customer, it’s very much difficult to select the appropriate one for the project needs. So, today I am going to explain and assist you guys to know about different web development frameworks or services so you can decide the best one for your needs and requirements. Here is the thing you must consider that none of the web development company is perfect regarding work and quality and if you are looking to hire developers in a dedicated or freelance model, then you must review its portfolio of work and compare it with others you have shortlisted.
Here are certain criteria of SME companies(Small & Medium-sized Enterprises) that are considered after various parameters of analysis are stated below:
- Proven track record in the market
- Transparency towards work
- Honesty to work as well as clients
- Total years of experience in development as well as in industry
- Technical expertise of a company as well as developers or development team
- Diversified portfolio
- Money-back guarantees due to the uncertain turnouts
To get more ideas of reference and ratings about the top web development companies here are some of the third-party websites like the clutch and goodfirms. They are the best and reliable critic sites of the IT industry.
The above image states the work process for web and mobile app development services which is exceptionally the same in most of the projects or cases.
There are 8 most commonly used web and mobile app development development models or methodologies. They are as follows:
- Waterfall model
- V model
- Incremental model
- RAD model
- Agile model
- Iterative model
- Spiral model
- Prototype model
Choosing the right model for the development of web or app is very much important.
Different companies based on there web or app development need select the type of development model whichever suits to their development requirements. But in recent time the ‘Agile Methodology’ is the most commonly used model. The ‘Waterfall Model’ is an old model which you have already seen in the above image.
At the time of my analysis on web development service trends, I found some fascinating facts that will blow your mind if you guys might not be aware. Likely to say that these aspects are very much useful and will help you stay up to date in the global market.
Here are the top 11 web development trends that will dominate in the IT industry in 2020.
- Artificial Intelligence: AI is the future of web development as well as it’s one of the most core components for any digital transformation strategy nowadays. Global IT companies are competing with each other for implementing digital transformation strategies, the role of artificial intelligence will grow even more prominent in web developments than ever before.
However, it becomes a challenging job for web development companies because the traditional approaches in web development are not the answer to this. By automating web development process, web developers need to put less attention to basic hefty tasks and focus on the value-adding aspects such as conspiring super user experience, formulating design strategy and other activities. Human and Machine collaboration is capable enough to transform the web.
AI industry will experience a 70% of increment by the end of this year, estimated reach of over $1.2 trillion. It’s is expected that in 2019, 40% plus organizations in the world will deploy AI technology to enhance their productivity and customer satisfaction. These are all clear indications that AI will emerge as a leading trend in web development in 2019.
In my research, I found a very interesting aspect of China that they already took the initiative of implying courses to there academic curriculum, so that they have the resource pool ready to fulfill the increasing demand in AI development industry
- IoT(Internet of things): The internet has an impact on every sphere of people’s lives. Nowadays, almost every person is dependent on the internet in any manner. Business organizations are also utilizing the internet as a reliable medium of communication, which assist them to extend the geographic reach. Nowadays, all organizations are in the composed and self-assured manner to harness the potential of smart technologies and sensors that are embedded in user-end devices, such as smartphones and other consumer durables as well. Inter-networking of IoT backed smart devices will play a key role in taking web development services to the whole new generation of web services.
Each person with a smartphone experienced the IoT(internet of things) at some point. Soon, businesses would be seen using a combination of wireless and sensor technologies for tracking the buying behaviour of the customers. On the one hand, customers would use the internet of things technologies to avail of customized or personalized web development services. A significant number of things are affected by IoT, web designing and development would be one of the main areas that would be changed radically in future developments.
These days, many web development companies do not know what to start with since the IoT is quite extensive.
As per the Statista survey, there will be 31 billion connected devices by 2020. This enormous number of IoT devices will also impact the web development process as enterprises tend to control these devices through a desktop or laptop. Though today only a few websites have an IoT integration, it is fair to mention that the concept will remain in focus soon as the number of connected devices will increase gradually and will also give a new dimension to web development services too.
SPAs came toon focus on this year. And because they’re relatively more comfortable to navigate, they look poised to grow in their popularity. With simplicity and speed at the heart of their design, they’re increasingly warming their way into the hearts of web users. As the name suggests, a single page application is a long webpage that’s rid of intricate navigation and complicated menus. SPAs run perfectly on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Blockchain Technology: Nowadays different industries are implementing blockchain to there business and making there management transparent which gives them a head start to incorruptible system transformation in a new era.
Here are the five key concepts of implementations of blockchain that are considered for development:
*Decentralized databases applications consensus
*Proof of work or stake
*Trusted advanced computing
Every industry has its potential needs that they must have to consider in other words to say that transparency in all the possible manner between business to business or business to customer, and it is the base priority. Now in the last image of the article defines the basic entitlement of blockchain technology in different sectors are the same as of the implementation.
As you see that web users are increasing rapidly day by day and becoming more inclined towards intuitive yet captivating interactive graphics on web pages. Web development companies are coming to realize that the diminishing attention span of average internet users is calling for more captivating graphics on web pages. Static images and flash-based graphics are relegating many websites to web user’s back burners, while evocative motion UI is becoming all the rage these days.
The growing preference among web users for intuitive motion UI will drive the popularity of motion UI through the roof in the coming years.
- More Enriched Designs & Adaptability: From last few years web development is focused only on functionality and simplicity of a website which is been a dominant trend in web design and development services. But, earlier this year there’s been a tending shift towards the use of more images, animations and shapes for responsive web design, to bid and keep up with the growing demands of the market for more vibrant designs by web designers as well as developers. To reach a wider audience, most brands are rooting for websites that can be displayed perfectly on a wide range of smart devices. The trend of adaptability owes more to the fact that more web users are accessing the web through multiple mobile devices. As companies look to capture a greater proportion of audiences in their niches by making their website more responsive to a wider range of devices, adaptability is bound to continue as a key trend in web development in the coming year.
- Chatbots & Push Notifications: Nowadays service support is a very big criterion in IT as well as other sectors. So it is must to have chatbots and push notifications integration to your website for quality-driven assistance in both design and development means. Push notifications have become one of the most critical components of most websites. Push notifications are fast replacing email newsletters because they’re easier to manage on both ends of the users and manufacturers. Similarly, when artificial intelligence meets Chabot will simplify and help in customer relations as well as assist you in 24/7 service support by replacing humans with a very minimal error log.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWAs): Progressive web apps are bringing the world together with the browsers, websites, and mobile app. A progressive web app is a website that has almost similar functionality as a native mobile app. Nowadays most of the known brands that have made the switch from websites to progressive web apps have experienced significant growth to their conversion rates and user engagement. Since they convey the best of websites and mobile apps, they’re poised to remain a leading trend in 2019.
- Low Code Development: By providing a faster and easier way to develop and deploy web design & development code will facilitate the rapid development of excellent websites without the need for proficient coding expertise. Low code developments have been making serious waves as they’re increasingly being preferred by web development companies over the conventional web design and development processes.
- AR, VR & MR(Augmented reality, Virtual reality & mixed reality): AR and VR are futuristic technologies that are capable of changing the ways of interaction with websites. Companies like Google, Samsung, and Microsoft are investing a huge amount in these technologies. You can offer an immersive experience of the virtual world to the users with the help of VR. Augmented reality (AR) adds digital elements to a live view often by using the camera on a smartphone. Examples of augmented reality experiences include Snapchat lenses and the game Pokemon Go.
Virtual reality (VR) implies a complete immersion experience that shuts out the physical world. Using VR devices such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift or Google Cardboard, users can be transported into several real-world and imagined environments such as the middle of a squawking penguin colony or even the back of a dragon.
In a mixed reality (MR) experience, which combines elements of both AR and VR, real-world and digital objects interact. Mixed reality technology is just now starting to take off with Microsoft’s HoloLens one of the most notable early mixed reality apparatuses.
- Cybersecurity: Nowadays the greatest threats for IT professionals or companies are data breaches, data privacy infringement and confidentiality breaches. There have been many similar statistics showing that most of the organizations are bracing up for an unprecedented wave of cyberattacks which will leave their working environments with more hazards. As a result, cybersecurity is poised to remain a dominant trend in web development in the nearest future. The challenge to secure global data from hackers is a very much tough task but not impossible. Many countries already have their own cyber army who take care of these kinds of threats and assist fellow countrymen to keep their data safe.
* * * * * * Conclusion * * * * * *
Now, at last, I want you guys you decide by your self about the development trends you want for yourself and shine brightly in the international market. These are not only trends just to follow but also will lead you towards growth and success if you guys consider and select it accordingly. These development trends have a serious potential for the near future.
I hope, you guys will like and find these key trends and can expect to see technologies like Voice User Interface, AR, and IoT for Web gaining momentous traction in web developments in the coming year. So there is no doubt that all these trends are leading in a mix of long-standing and emerging technologies. So, they are set to open up more opportunities for developers on the learning curve at various points of web and app development services.