Submit your Medium story to The Startup in two easy steps
1. Have a peek at our guidelines:
What to avoid
- Already-published stories: we accept unpublished drafts only.
- Stock photography: instead of using cheap stock images, try giving your story some love by picking a beautiful, free picture from websites like Unsplash, Pexels, Burst, The Stocks.
- Clickbait headlines: e.g “These 5 things will make you insanely successful”.
- Aggressive call-to-actions throughout and at the bottom of your story.
- Heavy self-promotion: talking about your business is OK but don’t let it turn your audience off.
What we prioritize
- Stories behind Medium’s paywall: Medium has recently launched its Partner Program that allows writers to finally make money off their writing. We know how difficult it is to make a living as a writer and we fully support this program. As part of our efforts to help as many writers as possible, we’ll prioritize publishing stories behind the paywall over free stories. We figured Medium algorithm also favors partner stories — putting your story behind the paywall increases your chances of being featured and reaching a bigger audience. To join the program: the Medium Partner Program link on https://medium.com/creators page.
Resources that can help answer some of your questions:
- How much money can you actually make writing articles on Medium?
- 16 tricks to turn your Medium drafts into beautiful looking stories
Topics we’re interested in
- Startup culture: Entrepreneurship, creativity, freelancing, startups, investing, innovation, marketing, social media, leadership and management.
- The future of technology and blockchain: Artificial Intelligence, cryptocurrencies, ICO, ethereum, VR/AR/MR, IoT, robotics, data science, machine learning, big data.
- Web development and design: UX, UI, design, developing, programming, apps, software, hardware, SaaS.
2. Please fill out the form below:
**We reserve the right to edit photographs and copy where necessary**
Thank you in advance.