First in Japan! SynchroLife, Cryptocurrency Exchange Mercury, & Tokyu Plaza Shibuya Hold 20% Bitcoin Cashback Fair! Eat up to 13 million yen for rewards!
Win 50,000 yen worth of Bitcoin with the photo contest too!
August 25, 2022 — Tokyo, Japan
GINKAN Inc., the managing company of the token economy based social restaurant review service where diners can earn cryptocurrency SynchroLife, has announced a “20% Bitcoin Cashback Fair” with the cryptocurrency exchange CoinTrade run by Mercury Inc. and Tokyu Plaza Shibuya. From September 1, 2022 to October 31, 2022, diners using SynchroLife can earn 20% cashback in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or Tokyu Plaza gift cards when dining at 18 participating restaurants in Tokyu Plaza Shibuya in Shibuya, Tokyo. A photo contest is also being held with a grand prize of 50,000 yen worth of Bitcoin. This is the first time a shopping center in Japan has offered 20% Bitcoin cashback.(*1)
Tokyu Plaza Shibuya 20% Bitcoin Cashback Fair Website (Japanese):
The Tokyu Plaza Shibuya 20% Bitcoin Cashback Fair is a special event where diners can earn 20% cashback in cryptocurrency (Bitcoin or Ethereum) after they use SynchroLife when dining at any of the 18 participating restaurants in the Tokyu Plaza Shibuya shopping center. Diners can also choose to earn Tokyu Plaza Gift Cards or SynchroPoints (usable with 27 brands and at 57,000 locations) instead of cryptocurrency. The fair will end on October 31, 2022 or once 13 million Japanese yen has been spent at participating restaurants.
About the 20% Bitcoin Cashback Fair
Location: Tokyu Plaza Shibuya
1–2–3 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Duration: Thursday, September 1st, 2022 to Monday, October 31, 2022
How to Participate (20% Cashback): Dine at any participating restaurant and use SynchroLife to scan the restaurant’s QR code at checkout
How to Participate (Photo Contest, prize 50,000 yen worth of Bitcoin): Post a review of any participating restaurant in the SynchroLife app
* The fair will end after 7.5 million yen in cryptocurrency rewards and 5.5 million yen in SynchroPoints or Tokyu Plaza Gift Cards.
* To receive Bitcoin or Ethereum (cryptocurrency) rewards, participants must link a CoinTrade account to their SynchroLife account.
* If you do not already have a CoinTrade account please register here: https://bit.ly/3dGXIoR
* To receive Tokyu Plaza Gift Cards, users must exchange their SynchroPoint rewards in the app for a Tokyu Plaza Gift Card and then pick up their gift card in person at Tokyu Plaza Shibuya’s information booth.
18 Participating Restaurants
・サロン ウフ エ モア
・黄金の塩らぁ麺 ドゥエ イタリアン
How To Participate
1. Download the SynchroLife mobile app(*2)
2. Select preferred cryptocurrency reward in the “Select Reward” screen of the SynchroLife wallet.(*3)
3. Enjoy a meal at a participating restaurant.
4. Scan the QR code the restaurant staff shows at check out with SynchroLife
5. Earn 20% cashback in the reward of your choice!
*2 Please note users who have already installed SynchroLife do not need to download it again.
*3 Cryptocurrency rewards must be selected before scanning the QR code at a restaurant and cannot be set or changed retroactively.
* A CoinTrade account is required to receive cryptocurrency rewards (can be connected after dining out).
How to Receive Cryptocurrency Rewards
1. Create an account with the cryptocurrency exchange CoinTrade
2. Link your CoinTrade account with your SynchroLife account in the “Select Reward” screen of the SynchroLife wallet.
3. Cryptocurrency rewards will be distributed to your CoinTrade account.
* Rewards will be distributed automatically once you meet the minimum reward requirement.
* Before you meet the minimum reward requirement your rewards will be saved as points.
* A CoinTrade account can be linked to your SynchroLife account at any time (even after dining at a restaurant).
* Users without a CoinTrade account will need to make a new account. Please do so here: https://bit.ly/3dGXIoR
How to Receive Tokyu Plaza Gift Card Rewards
1. Exchange your reward points for a “Tokyu Plaza Digital Gift” inside the SynchroLife wallet.
2. Go in person to the Tokyu Plaza Shibuya Information Desk and show the digital gift card.
3. The staff will give you a physical gift card to use at participating shopping centers.
* Tokyu Plaza Gift Cards can be used at Tokyu Plaza Shibuya, Ginza, Omotesando Harajuku, Kamata, and Totsuka.
* Tokyu Plaza Digital Gifts cannot be used at stores without exchanging them for a physical gift card.
* You must exchange your points for a gift card before the end of December 2022.
* If you do not exchange your points for a gift card before the end of December 2022 you can still use them as SynchroPoints at over 57,000 businesses across Japan.
SynchroLife is a global restaurant discovery social media service (Web2) and the world’s first (*4) Eat to Earn (Web3) token economy based restaurant social review platform. Users earn score-based token rewards while dining out and posting restaurant reviews. Users also earn 1% to 20% of their dining bill cashback in Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other cryptocurrencies when dining out at any of SynchroLife’s 1,800 partner restaurants. SynchroLife allows consumers to earn crypto assets through their daily spending.
SynchroLife started in 2018 as the world’s first* “Eat to Earn’’ service and currently has over 400,000 restaurant reviews. SynchroLife uses AI to analyze reviews to give personalized recommendations based on each user’s likes and dislikes and quickly guide users to great restaurants. Within the SynchroWallet users can manage the points they earn cashback from dining at partner restaurants, along with digital offers and membership cards. SynchroLife makes it fun to be a regular customer.
SynchroLife is currently available in over 155 countries and four languages (English, Japanese, Chinese, Korean). As SynchroLife grows it shares its value with users who have contributed through restaurant reviews and other actions, and it aims to be Asia’s top autonomous growing social restaurant review platform.
SYC (SynchroLife) Project Site
SynchroLife Official Website
SynchroLife Partner Website
(*1) This is the first time a shopping facility has given 20% Bitcoin cashback in Japan according to our research in August 2022.
(*4) SynchroLife is the world’s first service that “uses blockchain for a restaurant review reward system” according to our research in August 2017.
* Review rewards are given in the form of loyalty points exchangeable 1-to-1 for SYC. SynchroPoints are usable at a rate of 1 Point = 1 Yen inside the app. Only review rewards can be exchanged for SYC.
* SynchroLife and SynchroCoin are trademarks of GINKAN, Inc.
- Company Name: GINKAN, Inc.
- Address: Shin-Yurakucho Building 11F, 1–12–1, Yurakucho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100–0006
- Representative: CEO Tomochika Kamiya
- Established: December 2015
- Website: http://ginkan.jp/index_en.html
SynchroLife Mobile App
iPhone (For iPhone 5s and up, iOS 11.2 and up)
Android (For Android 6.0 and up)
・Official Website: https://www.synchrolife.io
・SynchroCoin Project Website: https://synchrolife.org/
・SynchroCoin Project Blog: https://medium.com/synchrocoin
・Partner Restaurant Website: https://business.synchrolife.jp/
About Tokyu Plaza Shibuya
Facility Name: Tokyu Plaza Shibuya
Address: Shibuya Fukuras, 1–2–3 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Stores: Over 70
Hours: General stores & services 11:00 to 20:00, restaurants 11:00 to 23:00, SHIBU NIWA on the 17th floor 11:00 to 20:00
* Business hours may vary for some stores
Representative Telephone Number： 03–3464–8109 (11:00 to 20:00 except when the building is closed)
Official Website: https://shibuya.tokyu-plaza.com/
Access: Direct access from the west exit of JR Shibuya Station, please use the Shibuya Fukuras Pedestrian Deck.
* Please check the official website for the latest business hours
* Learn more about what Tokyu Plaza is doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19 here:
Read the original press release in Japanese below: