That’s totally fair. Alcohol was a part of the trauma, but my main objective was just to share my story. Perhaps another piece could be written about that at a later time — Right now I am more concerned about preserving the narrative of rape and sexual assault in general, alcohol involved or not.
I think it’s amazing that you brought these together with pictures to buttress your points, so thank you.
Personally, I believe it’s more than the advertisements. Like if you see a music video, you see scantily clad women dancing in very provocative manners. You may think no harm but it reflects differently in the mind. I…
Rape culture says that women who are raped are lying. We lie to get attention and get pity. Yet, statistically only around 3% of women actually make up rape stories. That leaves a whopping 97% of us with a whole lot of truth to tell.
I’m sorry that our culture silenced you. The very people that rally against rape culture…
Thank you, Trevor.
And to answer your original question, yes, I do believe that is what he is insinuating. Don’t let him convince you that that wasn’t his intent, once he is backed into a corner…
What does RAPE have to do with mating? Sex? Copulation?
Rape is NOT about Sex. It has nothing to do with how attractive a woman is or isn’t.
No, they are not minor. And they’re not over when they’re done. These are the constant assaults that women face every time they step into the world, that fix themselves in our very existence, and this is #notokay.
TeriJo, Meg, H. Nemesis Nyx, Alexainie, Fierce Force 💃🏼, Jess Schwendinger, marika bianca, Sherry Kappel, this story may interest you.