Svetlana, What you say would be racist if it wasn’t also true!
“Black people commit — 49.4% of all murders; 32.5% of all forcible rapes; 54.9% of all robberies and 34.1% of all aggravated assaults. That comes from US crime statistics for 2012. This 13% minority produces as many criminals as the other 87% of the population.
I’ve heard that before, that there is a y-axis of totalitarian versus free or something of that nature, but I don’t agree. There’s always going to be control and freedom is just an abstraction until you define exactly what type of freedoms you’re talking about.
This much is true: “On February 19, 1942, Roosevelt signed Executive Order 9066, which forced all Japanese-Americans, regardless of loyalty or citizenship, to evacuate the West Coast. No comparable order applied to Hawaii, one-third of whose population was Japanese-American, or to Americans of German and Italian ancestry.”
I’ve heard a similar theory, only it was called ideological versus scientific. The first are driven by slogans and emotions, the latter are logic and data-driven.
All three of us appear to be in the scientific, skeptical, questioning group, while progressives are in the ideological, emotional group, where failure to accept…
That’s a great point. I think society and academia unfailingly downplay the role of economics in all things, from history to individuals' worldview. The reality is that when you’re safe and comfortable, you are much more prone to support, and not question, the status quo, no matter how f-ed up it is. We seem to instinctively defend systems that serve…