Taraxa Progress Update: Weeks 12–15, 2022
State of the Network
In case you missed it, all updates now track Taraxa’s Roadmap 2022!
As of April 26, 2022, here’s the state of the Taraxa network.
- 484 million TARA staked, 416 million TARA delegated
- 57 active consensus nodes on the Mainnet Candidate
- 351 active consensus nodes on the Testnet
- 393 commits across the top repos in Taraxa’s Github for the past month
If you have staked but have not delegated, please do so ASAP! Here’s a step by step video on how to delegate: https://youtu.be/GOV4BGmjcHk.
Progress Highlights: Native Token Conversion
For the Taraxa Protocol, Stability and Security are still the primary focus, but we’ve also made significant progress in Economics as well. In this update period, the dev team has focused on the following issues,
- The oscillations in VRF difficulty seems to be fixed, as we have not observed any more issues here. Bug squashed! 🐛 😵
- Made progress on the pre-compiled economics contracts that govern fees & staking yields, have rough PoC’s up written in Golang.
- Votes are included in PBFT blocks so they could be rewarded — in Taraxa we reward DAG block generation and voting, two activities that make up significant and verifiable contributions to consensus.
- Started to place gas limits on DAG blocks, so that the PBFT block execution doesn’t go overboard and exceed our targeted 4-second finality.
For the Taraxa Ecosystem, focus is still on polishing the Community Site,
- Created automated reward calculation mechanisms for staking yields and node commissions, this will help not only to help push out rewards faster, but also could be used as a sanity check against the economics of the Layer-1 once they’re deployed.
- Fixed many UI/UX bugs on the redeem and delegation pages.
- Continued to focus on exchange integration, will be completed soon, this is critical to exchanges being able to integrate with the mainnet
- Whitepaper update is near completion.
For Exchange Integration, our focus is on the the security audit,
- The dev team has made a vendor recommendation to the Foundation, we’re awaiting signatures to begin the security audit as soon as the contracts are signed.
Progress Highlights: Social Listening App Platform
We continue to make progress on the Social Listening app, with a focus on,
- The data collection layer is near completion, it is very stable. As of this writing it has joined and indexing >3,000 Telegram groups, our target is ~8,500 groups with a minimal of bot turnover.
- Mockups and initial UI/UX designs for Hype are completed, will move into front-end design soon.
We’re very eager to show you our progress on our application and will release some more details around our planning very soon!
Thank you and stay tuned! 😄