Join Us In Exploring Albidum
To find documentation on how to launch a node to explore Taraxa’s Albidum test network please read our documentation.
Please join us on our Discord server’s #development channel to talk about the testnet release or anything else related to Taraxa’s development: https://discord.gg/px8PkjU!
We also have a feed of all our Github development activities on our Discord server’s #github_feed channel here: https://discord.gg/xE9p7az.
Goals of Albidum
- Provide an initial demonstration of the unique properties of the Taraxa protocol
- Generate valuable network data at increasing scale outside of a cluster
- Attract a larger audience of community members and interested parties
Whats is in Albidum
- DAG layer for fast block generation and transaction inclusion
- PBFT layer for fast finality and concurrent schedule generation
- EVM integration (preliminary)
- Scripts to check balance and send money
Whats coming to Albidum
- Continuous stability and security improvements
- A block explorer to visualize DAG, block confirmation, and the unique properties of Taraxa
- Metamask wallet integration
- Improved documentation of RPC APIs
- A community driven incentive mechanism to encourage testing, debugging, and node operations
What is not in Albidum…
- Concurrent EVM
- Smart contract RPC API support
- Robust VRFs and VDFs
- Economic model for fees and block rewards
What Albidum is not…
- Production ready
- Safe against malicious attacks
We will keep the community closely updated on our progress. The utility of this and future versions of the Taraxa testnet is going to continue to increase and we are excited to be starting this journey together with you all towards our open sourced mainnet launch.
Once again, please join us on our Discord server’s #development channel to talk about the testnet release or anything else related to Taraxa’s development: https://discord.gg/px8PkjU!