Taraxa Testnet Weekly UPD.
We thank everyone who’s been running the Taraxa nodes to help us pre-test — jump on to our Discord to join the team of early Taraxa network testers!
As we are working on working on fixing a few known issues on the testnet, you can reset your node (https://docs.taraxa.io/node-setup/upgrade-a-node/data-reset) and re-register at the community site.
We’re currently focused on making the node synching faster when a new participant is trying to catch up with the block production by introducing the synchronization performance patch.
- Debugged and investigated on the testnet nodes PBFT stalled issue.
- Refactored the proposed block DAG processing: for any proposed block, will be added into the DAG directly instead of pushing into an unverified queue and moving to a verified queue, and only then moving to DAG. PR1224 has been send out for a code review.
- Remove the block DAG statues and added DAG blocks cache for checking on invalid blocks.
On the application side, we’re in the process of re-writing Marinate’s UI and building out an open API to allow for integrations with popular messenger platforms. We’ve been exploring how to get consistent data from Telegram groups and channels to be able to build a link tracking mechanism.
- Finished the CRUD for accounts, chats and phone_numbers. Binding some functions to verify the Twilio part.
- Started testing the mobile account creation and setting up the celery for periodic tasks.
- Added more complex status for accounts to better track Telegram account binding better to resolve the issue with app validadion that may be a blocker and will require to find a workaround.