Taraxa Token Information
Last updated: March 23, 2023
Welcome and thank you for your interest in the Taraxa project! This article lays out some basic and most often-asked questions about our tokens.
As of this writing (please note the timestamp at the top of this article),
- Total Supply: 10,119,799,574
- Circulating Supply: 3,167,350,805.87 (31.3%)
Circulating Supply includes: investor unlocks, community bounties and grants, and Staking Yields. It excludes tokens locked in the the Staking Contract.
Thus far 119,799,574.11 TARA tokens have been minted for staking yields. The minted tokens account for 1.18% of the current Total Supply. For more details on inflation, please read more about the inflationary block rewards as outlined in the whitepaper’s economics section.
The dev team has also provided a convenient web endpoint to query the total supply of the TARA token.
- Seed and Private rounds took place in 2018.
- Public Sale took place in March of 2021, the proceeds of which will go to fund the ongoing technology development, business development, as well as token listing in the short-term.
- Taraxa’s team members committed to the long-term success of the network and will hold their token allocations for an extended period.
- The Taraxa Foundation intends to keep a certain number of tokens indefinitely (not to be sold) to help bootstrap and continue to participate in the decentralized network’s operations.
- Community & Ecosystem funds are used to ensure the ongoing health and sustainability of the Taraxa ecosystem, including funding for development grants, bug bounties, driving application adoption, and raising awareness in the medium to long-term.
- Exchange Security Deposits were security deposits mandated by the exchanges the Foundation has partnered with, these are not meant to be circulated.
Unlock Schedule & Circulation
TGE took place on March 23, 2021. The unlocks are on a quarterly basis so just add 3 months to the TGE date and you’ll get your unlock dates. These unlocks do not include Staking Yields, as they are minted, not unlocked.
As of March, 23, 2023, all investor tokens have been unlocked.
The Community & Ecosystem unlocks are updated based on a combination of actual spending and future projections.
TARA Native Token Conversion
Currently the TARA token is an ERC-20 token. A token conversion will take place on April 3, 2023, 8AM UTC. More details are found in the technical documentation.