As of this writing, the current maximum supply is 10 billion TARA tokens. When Staking is rolled out, there will be inflationary block rewards as outlined in the whitepaper’s economics section.
- Seed and Private rounds took place in 2018.
- Public Sale took place in March of 2021, the proceeds of which will go to fund the ongoing technology development, business development, as well as token listing in the short-term.
- Taraxa’s team members committed to the long-term success of the network and will hold their token allocations for an extended period.
- The Taraxa Foundation intends to keep a certain number of tokens indefinitely (not to be sold) to help bootstrap and continue to participate in the decentralized network’s operations.
- Community & Ecosystem funds are used to ensure the ongoing health and sustainability of the Taraxa ecosystem, including funding for development grants, bug bounties, driving application adoption, and raising awareness in the medium to long-term.
- Exchange Security Deposits were security deposits mandated by the exchanges the Foundation has partnered with, these are not meant to be circulated.
Unlock Schedule & Circulation
TGE took place on March 23, 2021. The unlocks are on a quarterly basis so just add 3 months to the TGE date and you’ll get your unlock dates.
As of the unlock which took place on September 23, 2021, a total 13.43% is in circulation, which includes the investor unlocks, the security deposits to the exchanges, and tokens released to the community for bounties.
TARA Token Evolution
Currently the TARA token is an ERC-20 token, but after our mainnet launch, an ETH bridge will be set up to convert ERC-20 tokens onto the mainnet’s native tokens.
As of this writing we believe it will be in the ecosystem’s technical as well as economic interest to retain a partial representation of the TARA token on the ETH chain, how this will play out is yet to be determined.
- Staking: per our whitepaper, Taraxa’s staking mechanism will pay out annualized staking yields of up to 20% in the form of inflated block rewards.
- ETH Bridge: prior to the mainnet launch, an ETH bridge will be set up to convert ERC-20 TARA tokens into tokens on Taraxa’s native layer-1 blockchain.