Taraxa Weekly Update — Week 38
New fixes to Taraxa’s consensus and concurrent EVM.
Moving further to the next network release, we’re hard at work on Aphrogenes’s consensus mechanism and transaction execution.
Network configuration and node syncing.
- Working on a bug that prevents node syncing after blockchain becomes large enough;
- WIP: fixing the issue of a node being extremely slow to restart after generating over 10k blocks.
DAG and VDF integration.
- Replaced the checking compare total DAG vertices with the number of DAG blocks in DB;
- Implemented the mutex lock for DAG anchors and recently added blocks to fix the concurrency issue;
- Changed the type of DAG maximum level to atomic for multiple threads.
EVM transaction layer.
We keep working on a more asynchronous pipelined design for transaction execution. This week we’ve been finalizing the stake delegation pseudo-smart-contract.