Taraxa Weekly Update — Week 47.
Fixing the node delegation bug on Taraxa public testnet, DAG-VDF optimizations.
Taraxa public testnet is up and running, you can go check out the block explorer. On to the updates!
Consensus and PBFT:
- Fixed the issue of restarting all delegated nodes not able to resync.
- Saved the PBFT consensus round and step in DB: when a node restart, PBFT round, and step continue to run.
- Reviewed the code on the VDF omit.
- WIP: EVM execution asynchronous with the PBFT consensus.
- Added the VDF threshold omit functionality to reduce the average size of the DAG blocks and improve the performance.
- Various minor VDF/VRF optimizations.
- Removed the DAG frontier from transaction manager and separated retrieving transactions for a new block from retrieving tips and pivot.
- Added a separate chain config-CMD line option.