Weekly Tech Update: getting ready for the testnet launch.
Getting closer to the launch of the Californicum testnet.
Consensus and node syncing:
- Debugged the vote manager to only save votes for the most recent PBFT rounds and protect from malicious players' attacks that send votes in the future rounds.
- Check the DAG genesis hash in the config and in DB when a node starts.
- Fixed votes unverified queue and DB consistent issue.
- Removed the last PBFT block hash for the VRF vote sortition.
- Ignore the peer packets if peers’ initial status packet not received. Fixed node attempts to sync with peers running on the wrong node version.
Integration and testing of Marinate’s open API:
- Defined new embedded documents for some models in Mongo DB.
- Research setting up a test framework using Mongo DB.
- WIP: adapting user and record controllers that need more changes to support Mongo DB.