Taraxa Weekly Tech Update: Week 49.
Fixing some PBDT finalization issues, more work on the social listening app.
✅ 🚦If you have a question about why your node is not producing blocks, or producing the blocks slowly, please check out the F.A.Q. here: https://docs.taraxa.io/faq/testnet#what-makes-one-node-generate-more-blocks-than-another
Testnet node operations:
- Ran a local node on the updated testnet, monitoring PBFT progress.
- Debugged and investigated on why the PBFT blocks finalization takes a bit longer to reach consensus, while the PBFT rounds are making progress pretty quick, found three issues that might affect that:
1. DAG blocks proposal rate is low.
2. Cannot receive enough soft/cert votes on time
3. Cannot receive PBFT proposal block on time
- Worked on the PBFT events driving the state machine. Integrated a timing machine with the current PBFT manager.
We are now in the process of building out an open API to allow for integrations with popular messenger platforms to be able to track trending data: getting consistent data from Telegram groups and channels.
- Telegram ingester:
- Added multiple columns (bot count, chat dialog, and username) and more changes to the ingester.
- Added Prometheus metrics.
- Refactored the configuration file.
- Worked on FTB-56 Check create multiple chats endpoint on the assistant.
- Worked on FTB-58 Read messages action: checked complete workflow, reactors, and fixes.
- Added Redis auth.
- Worked on FTB-48 for updating the status of accounts when they reach their max amount of chats.
- Worked on FTB-59 to clean Telethon from SLA.
- Integration on test environment