Since Tarteel launched last year, we’ve been committed to making it easier for Muslims to learn how to read the words of Allah (SWT) and to provide those with limited access to Imams and Sheikhs a means of maintaining their relationship with Allah (SWT) and His book.
Over the past year, we started the Tarteel recitation collection initiative and received 80,000+ recordings, acquired Iqra and built Ayah voice search on top of it, and are currently iterating on the beta version of Qu’ran recitation transcription.
Today, we’re excited to announce a new addition to our Tarteel family, our mobile app. This has been our #1 request from our users and is now available on iOS and Android. The app’s first version will include a set of features that allow you to:
- Search by reciting a full verse, part of a verse, or even a single word
- View English translation and transliteration of matches as well as the original Arabic verse
- View what chapter and verse number each match is
- View the total number of matches found for your search
- Share match results
Download it now on the app stores:
Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/tarteel/id1391009396
Android Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmmoussa.iqra
JAK for your support. Tarteel has been able to release new features following your feedback and donations. We look forward to sharing with you more exciting updates over the next few months insha’Allah!
The Tarteel team
(1) Note that if you were an existing Iqra user, your Iqra app will be updated to Tarteel and continue to provide all the previous functionality plus much more.
Tarteel is a Quran application that listens to your recitation and corrects mistakes. The name “Tarteel” comes from the Quran itself, where God commands us to “recite the Quran with tarteel (slow, measured, rhythmic tones)” (73:4).