Single Parents Could be Claiming a Child as a Dependent

Credit Available if You Have A Child and Don’t Have a Spouse

If you don’t have a spouse and you do have a child you can likely claim one of your children as an equivalent to a spouse. This is an excellent tax credit and will save you some income tax. The child has to be younger than 18 and not earning much income. We call this…




Debi Peverill has been advising business owners and others for more than 40 years. She writes in and easy to understand and frequently humourous manner. She became a Chartered Accountant way back in 1980 and started her own public accounting firm in 1988. She knows lots of stuff.

Recommended from Medium

It’s Beginning To Look Garish Like Christmas

Wholesale & OEM/ODM STEM Toys, Monthly Activity Boxes

What it REALLY means to get divorced as a stay-at-home-mom

My Review of “The Vanishing American Adult” by Ben Sasse

The disappointment of having a child who is different

Just give kids the screens!

Children’s Storybook Prompts: Inspiration Corner #4

My midwife didn’t make it on time

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Debi Peverill

Debi Peverill

I am a Canadian Chartered Accountant who is very interested in helping people make money and keep it away from the government without breaking any rules.

More from Medium

A Loss Missed but Not Forgotten

Chicken Little Told Us So

The big HORRIBLE thing

Remembering Vincent Chin: “How are Asian Americans one people?”