Top 5 Popular Schools in the Middle East
A lot of schools are due to open in the Middle East to satisfy the rising demand of school seats. It is projected that the region will need up to approximately 7,000 schools to open in the upcoming 5 years. However, this article will focus on the top 10 popular schools in the Middle East. We will be showcasing these top 5 popular schools along with some beneficial information regarding their year of foundation, curriculum, and if they are rated by their respective governments.
· Aldar Academies, Al Muna Academy: founded in 2009 and located in Hamdan, Abu Dhabi, this school follows a British curriculum and is rated as “outstanding” by the Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC). This academy has almost 100 staff and over 600 pupils. They are considered to have a family oriented atmosphere and deem themselves to be a “happy community”.
· Regent International School: founded in 1994 and located in The Greens, Dubai, this school follows a British curriculum and is rated as “good” by the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA). Its longevity in the UAE Education Sector is what makes it special with more than 20 years of presence. This school heavily focuses on nurturing their children’s core and cognitive skills with their “Multi-Smart Learning” based pedagogy.
· Delta English School: founded in 1992 and located opposite Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Road, Sharjah UAE, this school falls under the Central Board of Secondary Education. This CBSE is a Board of Education for both private and public schools under the Union Government of India. This school has a rich history of producing difference makers to society.
· Swiss International Scientific School: founded just 2 years ago and located in Healthcare City, Dubai, this school follows a IB and Special Needs curriculum and is considered as highly rated. SISD is one of the leading schools in Dubai providing excellent education that focuses on their students’ personal growth. It offers 2 bilingual programs, English/German or English/French.
· American School of Doha: founded in 1988 and located in Doha, Qatar, this school follows an American curriculum and is a very committed school when it comes to personal development and intellect of their students. Their staff is recruited from all around the globe and are professionally trained individuals who are committed to delivering an excellent American-style education.
To sum up, if you are ever interested in teaching in the Middle East, have a look at the schools mentioned above and you’ll be on your way. As you will notice, most of the schools mentioned are located in the UAE. That being said, the Middle East country that has the most demand on teachers based on the numbers of teaching jobs posted on Tchr.com is the UAE.