Founded in 2011, Teads is the Global Media Platform. We have united and empowered the best publishers in the world and distribute ads to over 1.9Bn people every month within professionally-produced content.
Our engineering team brings together 200 talented individuals on 3 main locations (Paris, Montpellier and Bucharest).
We are organized in agile and autonomous feature teams and we also share technical knowledge within community of practices.
Our main engineering challenges:
- We work in a very high traffic environment with low latencies constraints
- Web and mobile complexity, we are trying to offer a similar user experience on a wide range of contexts (device, OS, browser, etc.)
- An infinite source of Machine Learning use cases, ranging from ad performance prediction to ad delivery pacing and forecasting
- Large datasets that we need to compute in near real-time (auction resolution) and even greater volumes for analytics use cases
- We operate globally and constantly think about new products to build the future of the media
Being part of Teads means joining a group of passionate people in tackling great technical challenges. It also means being a member of a team driven by the wish to progress together toward excellence (community of practice, reading groups) while remaining connected to the ecosystem (Meetups, conferences).
The advertising industry is an endless source of challenges mixing:
- web and mobile complexity, we are trying to offer a similar user experience on a wide range of contexts (device, OS, browser, etc.),
- great amounts of data that we need to compute in real-time (monitoring indicators and forecasts).
In this fast-paced environment, we constantly have to improve our technologies and try emerging approaches. Here are some details about our operations:
- Multi-Cloud infrastructure spread over 3 regions
- 1M concurrent transactions per sec with third parties
- 100bn analytics events per day
- Prediction over 10^5+ parameters in 1ms
Our Engineering culture
We are all aligned towards the same goal:
To scale our business while continuing to create new and exciting products.
We’ve hired smart people with strong tech skills, given them the tools they need, and the opportunity to express themselves while reinforcing their expertise.
We look for pragmatism, entrepreneurship, autonomy and encourage initiatives.
That’s why the feature teams are the kings of our organization. We love technology. We love technology empowering the business even more.
We value end-to-end development: “You build it, you run it, you monitor it”.
We share knowledge and support with each other beyond any organizational boundary. We value spontaneous collaboration. Product and Engineering work hand in hand to form a tightly integrated Innovation team.
We embrace a “no blame no mercy” mindset. We fix issues during a blameless postmortem and learn from it so that it doesn’t happen twice.
We have dedicated team players and we work hard, but we receive great benefits in return.
Our evolving stack
Places where you can meet us
Some of the Meetups we are supporting:
Some of the past public presentations from our team and more on our Engineering website:
- ScalaIO 2019 (French talk) “Essential functional structures in Scala”, by Kévin Margueritte
- DevopsRex Paris 2019 (French talk) — “La collaboration devops avec Terraform”, by Damien Pacaud
- Sunny Tech 2019 (French Talk) — “Scaling on-call”, by Damien Pacaud
- DataXDay 2019 — “Give meaning to 100 billion analytics events a day, analytics at Teads”, by Alban Perillat-Merceroz
- Google Cloud Next 2019 — “Data Warehousing at Teads with BigQuery”, by Alban Perillat-Merceroz
- DevConf PL 2018 — “Tools and Team for 20 Billion PageView/Month”, by Damien Pacaud
- Spark Summit Europe 2018 — “Machine Learning for AdTech in action”, by Cyrille Dubarry and Han Ju
- DevopsRex Paris 2018 (French talk) — “Mise à l’échelle d’une équipe d’astreinte dans un contexte de forte croissance”, by Damien Pacaud
- Scala IO 2018 (French talk) — “Scala code review best practices”, by Tristan Sallé
- ScalaIO 2017 (French talk)— “Kleisli un ami qui vous veut du bien”, by Xavier Bucchiotty and Tristan Sallé
- Google Cloud Next ’17 — How Teads processes 30 billion streaming events per day, by Loïc Jaures
- AWS Paris Summit 2016 — Keynote by Loïc Jaures
We also sponsor events like Scala.io, dotScale, dotJS, Sunny-Tech and Devoxx France.