Listen to this story
“A Place Where It’s Easier To Be Good” with Nathan Schneider
On the co-op movement as a vital economic shift for social good
Playing for Team Human today is platform cooperative activist, journalist, and author of Everything for Everyone: The Radical Tradition that Is Shaping the Next Economy, Nathan Schneider — press play above to listen to the episode.
With contemporary examples and historical context, Nathan makes the case that the co-op movement is not mere utopian idealism, but a very real and vital economic shift that is being harnessed for social good. It’s a conversation that embraces the co-op transformation as a path to a more just and equitable society and a more participatory approach to life overall.
Douglas opens the show with a reflection on the limits of both our communication technologies and language itself. On Team Human, what matters is not just the content, but the context. Team Human is the “sound of engagement,” the “sound of solidarity.”
If you enjoy this show, you might also like these episodes from our archive:
- Episode 68 on the P2P Foundation “The Commons is the Glue” w/ Stacco Troncoso.
- Episode 03 with Esteban Kelly of the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives:
- Episode 23 with Silvia Zuur of Enspiral
- Episode 07 with Marina Gorbis from the Institute for the Future
- Episode 41 Richard D Bartlett from Loomio”
For more on Nathan Schneider visit nathanschneider.info.