Scrum is one of the most used frameworks in software development. It has made such an impact in new companies that now there have been created many adaptation for different industries.
This picture shows show the simple circle use:
There are three components in a Scrum Framework.
- Product Owner: s/he is the responsible to understand the customer requirements and define the User Stories in the Product Backlog.
- Scrum Master: s/he is the facilitator. Responsible to control the development cycle during the sprint and make sure that the times are met.
- Development Team: the team consist between 3 to no more than 10 software developers.
- Product Backlog: Product Owner creates User Story based on user feedback. Those are collected in this place where s/he also put their own priority definition.
- Sprint Backlog: is a set of User Stories and tasks that needs to be completed in a specific sprint. This is a subset of the Product Backlog created in the Sprint Planning meeting.
- Increments: this is the results that comes from the definition of the product backlog user stories for delivering features, new modules or functionalities.
- Backlog grooming: this is event when the product owner sits with the Scrum Master and development team to clean up and define priorities on the backlog. In many cases this just take part on the other events to reduce time.
- Sprint planning: this is the first meeting when the sprint starts. It defines what is going to be completed during such sprint. In this meeting we define Story points if you want to measure velocity.
- Sprint: is the period of time that is used for the development of the sprint.
- Daily scrum (stand-up): these are daily meetings of no more than 15 minutes with the development team where we all answer the following questions: What did you do yesterday? What are you going to do today? What issues have you encounter that needs help from the team?
- Sprint Review: in this meeting we involve all the stakeholder and we demo or go through the features that are planned to be delivery in the increment.
- Sprint Retrospective: lesson learned meeting. We identify why certain tasks where not completed, the pace of the development, how to identify and make it better next sprint.
In my next post I will explain how I use it to make it.
Team Coaches works for you
Team Coaches provide a software that contains all the tools require to simplify and unify all the activities in one place.
If you like our product you can book a demo and we can talk about how we can fit in your programs.