Calling for a Day of Action on May Day
In full solidarity with a diverse alliance of community organizations and workers associations, the Tech Workers Coalition joins in the call for a Day of Action on May Day, 2017. We need a unified movement of workers from all sectors to counteract the ongoing assault on the working class, immigrants, and minority communities. An injury to one is an injury to all regardless of workplace. We ask tech workers to stand up alongside our allies and demand equality and justice for all workers now.
WAYS WE TAKE ACTION ON MAY 1
✔ Connect with like-minded coworkers at your place of work
- Find like-minded coworkers through our workplace chapter survey
- Start a campaign for your workplace to pledge to use Fair Hotels for all travel; get in touch with us for tips on bringing Fair Hotels to your workplace
- Get lunch from sanctuary restaurants or suggest potluck/bringing lunch to support no purchasing
✔ No purchasing
- Show solidarity with striking workers and establishments by patronizing no businesses. Learn more about why workers are striking
✔ Ditch work and hit the streets
✔ Stay at work and spread the word
- Work somewhere workers are striking? Post a picture or tweet how the absence of striking workers is felt in your workplace #techcandobetter #mayday
✔ Pre-May Day background events to attend
- Wednesday April 19 May Day: Why do socialists care about it? + Sign Making for 5/1 7pm in the Audre Lorde room at the Women’s Building, hosted by ISO and DSA
- Saturday April 22: Tech Cafeteria Worker Mesa Redonda / May Day pump-up party hosted by UNITE HERE on Saturday, April 22 from 10am-noon in San Jose. Contact Haley for more info.
Share how you’re going to spend May 1 #mayday #daywithoutanimmigrant #twc