US Patent 10,123,074 was issued for Cloud to Cable TV
Cloud to Cable is now officially protected by a US Patent and soon Europe/PCT
Today, the US Pat 10,123,074 issued after a provisional was file December 2014. This patent covers the currently commercialized Cloud to Cable TV system. The process was not that long, considering that the initial firm, NOVAK DRUCE was disbanded and I had to transfer the case to Greg Nelson and Fox & Rothschild, LLP in West Palm Beach, FL.
This patent enables “Streaming Music Services” in the Cloud to provide a product for Cable TV systems with minimal integration efforts, user interfaces can be reused, web-designs are used for Cable TV, no satellite required, among other benefits. The same occurs for “Streaming Video Services” in the cloud or OTT & IPTV Systems or providers with a good lineup that want to offer a Cable TV Product.
Hence integration of Cloud-based and web-based assets into Cable TV distribution is easy and requires minimum effort.
The patent issued is titled: Method, system, and apparatus for multimedia content delivery to cable TV and satellite operators
A patent continuation was filed in October to cover other aspects of the invention, as shown in the picture the patent generates video with an MPEG Transport Stream that is compatible with a Cable TV system.
The main aspects and novelty of the invention include but are not limited to the following items:
- Integration of web-elements, web pages, or HTML5-related content with rendering of this content on OTT, IPTV, and most importantly, Cable TV systems.
- Virtualization and use of containers in the distribution of music and TV content to cable operators, by provision at virtual machine or docker container with the web page plus content for rendering purposes.
- Essentially, the patent covers music and TV distribution to cable operators and systems for broadcasting.
- Audio and music channels can be integrated and created by just connecting to the web-based content provider.
- Fault-tolerance and high-reliability is presented in the disclosure.
In many ways, the invention covers a device, system, and methods to accomplish media distribution with ease, reducing costs, and implementing a novel mechanism that replaces satellite delivery, hardware encoders, and many other devices,
You can download the official specification and claims from he USPTO 10123074 patent