Join our team as Community Coordinator!
The Community Coordinator will report to the Director of Advocacy and Organizing and will provide support across the organization’s entry points with a focus on event support and outreach. At TechEquity, we engage with members online via social media, original written content and Slack; and offline via regular events that focus on bringing action-oriented people together to drive equity in our community. The Community Coordinator will assist directly in the planning and coordination of events, driving the growth of our programs and membership base through our online and in-person channels, and supporting out internal infrastructure managing our CRM. This role will require attendance at events 6–8 evenings a month, with a modified schedule to ensure work-life balance.
This entry-level position is ideal for:
- Recent college or community college graduates who are looking to start their careers in tech for good
- Mid-career adults who have admin/program management experience and are looking to change their field or gain new experiences
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Executing all logistics for our event series, including securing venues, setting up Eventbrite listings, communicating with attendees, ordering food, managing registration, making sure onsite logistics are handled (A/V, signage, etc), and generally making sure the events run smoothly and provide a good experience for our attendees
- Coordinating social media promotion with event partners and/or TechEquity network
- Ensuring sponsorship requirements are met (logos are included on listings, etc)
- Managing our event calendar and keeping track of partner and other relevant events are on our radar
- Researching,scheduling attendance, and representing TechEquity at 1 tech event per week to recruit new members and build brand awareness
- Assist with additional online content such as drafting blog posts, weekly newsletters, etc
- Monitor relevant Slack channels and support member questions/needs that may come up
- General admin assistance with CRM such as updating member profiles, uploading event guest lists, etc.
- 1–2 years experience with admin tasks/office work
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with g-suite
- Familiarity or experience with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Familiarity or experience managing CRMs or customer data
- Bonus points: community organizing or in-person recruitment experience
TechEquity is a very young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to get in on the ground floor of a new organization and able to roll with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a (competitive) salaried position and comes with full health and dental benefits.
TechEquity values diversity. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry, and Bay Area natives, to apply for this role.