We’re Hiring! Are you our new Organizing and Advocacy Manager?
We’re expanding our small team to three by filling a crucial role which will be responsible for building and activating our member base. Are you an organizer who cares about building a more equitable economy in the 21st century? Check out this job description and apply by sending your resume (or LinkedIn profile) and a cover letter outlining why you think you’re a good fit to info at techequitycollaborative dot org.
The TechEquity Collaborative is a startup member-driven organization made up of tech workers who think the Bay Area’s tech-driven economy can and should work for everyone. We believe the tech industry can be a force for broad-based opportunity rather than displacement and inequality. We focus on three issue areas: housing, workforce development, and access to technology. And we activate our members in three areas: awareness-raising, volunteer opportunities, and advocacy campaigns.
The Organizing and Advocacy Manager will be responsible for building TechEquity’s membership base and activating our members around advocacy campaigns. This means:
- Executing our current member acquisition programs, such as our brown bag lunch series
- Conceiving and designing new member acquisition programs and strategies (ex: a house party program)
- Building TechEquity’s social media and web presence to increase member acquisition through digital channels
- Working closely with the Program Director to manage all aspects of TechEquity’s member onboarding process
- Working closely with our Executive Director and policy committees to conceive and design advocacy actions and campaigns
- Executing advocacy campaigns from beginning to end
- Working closely with partner organizations to build strong alliances around our advocacy work.
- believe in, and feel comfortable articulating, TechEquity’s mission and values.
- have at least two years of advocacy/campaign/organizing experience.
- be comfortable taking ownership of projects from beginning to end, and execute them with little oversight.
- be willing to do grunt work.
- enjoy working as part of a team.
- have experience building and managing partnerships with other organizations, or doing work as part of a coalition/alliance.
- have some fluency/comfort with the Tech sector.
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- be detail-oriented.
- thrive working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- live in, or be willing to relocate to, the Bay Area.
TechEquity is a very young startup with high growth potential. The person serving in this position needs to be excited to get in on the ground floor of a new organization and able to roll with the dynamism that entails. This means being open to fluidity, being willing to jump in and do the necessary even if it isn’t in the job description, and being passionate about building the organization in partnership with the founding team.
This is a competitively salaried position and comes with full health and dental benefits.
TechEquity values diversity. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry, and Bay Area natives, to apply for this role.