We’re hiring an intern to help us build our programming. The job description is below. You can send application materials (cover letter and resume) as well as questions to email@example.com
The TechEquity Collaborative is a startup social enterprise that activates the tech community to create a tech-driven economy in the Bay Area that works for everyone. We believe the tech industry can be a force for broad-based opportunity rather than displacement and inequality. We focus on three issue areas: housing, workforce development, and access to technology. And we engage our members in three ways: awareness-raising, volunteer opportunities, and advocacy campaigns.
The Program Intern will report to the Director of Programs and will assist with event and program support. At TechEquity, we engage with members online via social media, original written content and Slack; and offline via regular events that focus on bringing action-oriented people together to drive equity in our community. The Program Intern with assist directly in the planning and coordination of events and driving the growth of our programs through our online channels. This internship is a paid opportunity ($15–17/hour depending on experience) and candidates must be able to commit 15–20 hours a week including some evening events (approx 1–2 per month).
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Planning and scheduling logistics
- Maintaining our EventBrite account
- Managing attendee questions
- Sourcing and booking venues
- Catering orders
- Event setup and cleanup
- Coordinating social media promotion with event partners and/or TEC network
- Draft and schedule weekly social media posts for the organization
- Assist with additional online content such as drafting blog posts, weekly newsletters, etc
- Assist in sourcing new and relevant partner content in line with TECs mission
- Monitor relevant Slack channels and support member questions/needs that may come up
- General admin assistance with CRM such as updating member profiles, uploading event guest lists, etc.
- Assist in coordinating volunteer opportunities
This internship is an opportunity to gain experience on the ground floor of a fast paced and growing organization. We’re looking for candidates who are excited to learn and expand their skill set, aren’t afraid to take initiative, and have their own creative ideas to bring to the table. As such, we’ll preference candidates who are looking to build their resumes and/or break into the tech industry over candidates who are just looking for a part-time job.
TechEquity values diversity. We especially encourage people from communities underrepresented in the tech industry, and Bay Area natives, to apply for this role.
To apply, send a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications for this role and a resume (or LinkedIn profile) to firstname.lastname@example.org.