Steady as she goes : Telos Month in Review — July 2020 — Telos | Blockchain Platform for Web 3.0
Overall July was another successful month for Telos with continued additions of new projects and over 30k new user accounts, again surpassing most larger cap projects for traction.
There was a significant dip from last month but this was to be expected with no apps migrating their user base as we had in June. As we procure new users our focus turns towards initiatives that help to cross pollinate users between the various apps on Telos.
July Announcements / Progress
In July we again had some very interesting announcements.
Teloscope Team is aiding top cider makers in Spain with supply chain verification
Leading Spanish cider manufacturers, Sidra Menéndez S.L. and Llagar Castañón S.L, will now be using Telos’ distributed ledger technology (DLT) to tackle counterfeit raw materials, enhance product tracing and regain lost consumer trust.
Defi liquidity pool solution Evolution Dex launches on Telos
“Continuous liquidity pools maximize the total advantages of a decentralized exchange. There is no need to trust funds to an institution and the prices are computed algorithmically according to the available liquidity,” said Douglas Horn
Telos goes to next iteration of Telos Economic Development Plan — More Rewards for Stakeholders and more stable developer funding
“FOLLOWING THE TELOS ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN’S APPROVAL, STAKING REWARDS INCREASED FROM 13% TO 19% APR. THE NEWLY ESTABLISHED FUND SUPPORTS [NEW] FEATURES INCLUDING TELOS DECIDE AND TELOS EVM, [WHICH IS REPORTEDLY] A 300X FASTER WAY TO CREATE AND DEPLOY ETHEREUM-COMPATIBLE SMART CONTRACTS WITH ZERO TRANSACTION FEES.”
Telos Core Dev Updates
This month we decided to reach out to the TCD to see what they are working on, we are glad we did! There are some very exciting updates!
1. Creation of a Lightweight web wallet which includes testnet and mainnet support, free account creation as well as greymass fuel integration. Essentially a easy wallet that requires no downloads and costs nothing for users to interact with telos dapps.
2. Contract updates to support TEDP 2.0 such as BP number reduction, etc.
3. An oracle system that will provide Random Number Generator(RNG) and integrate/replace the delphi oracle price feed.
4. Telos EVM addition — RPC node and test/example contracts
5. TLOSD stable coin — based off of a basket of trusted USD stable coins.
We have some un-anounced easter eggs on telos.net
We will feature these in the coming weeks but we want to show off our new product pages, FAQ and new staking portal on telos.net.
Check out the new staking portal we are working on with the Staker One team.
Telos Foundation Financials
The USD spend numbers are again low, reflective of streamlining and Saving money for planned expenses as well as a low token price. Staff wages are up, a reflection of back pay and ongoing expenses for business development and marketing.
Total : $11,412.52
Total : 570,628 TLOS
Staff Structure July 2020
In July the handover from Richard to George for the position of managing TF budget was completed. Also after serving the board since inception Jim has indicated he is ready to resign his position which brings us to the desired 5 board members. Speaking of which we will be releasing details very soon of the next TF board election as all positions are now due for re-election and we are looking for new blood to help guide the foundation.
- CEO (Vision, Marketing, Investments) — Suvi — Full Time
- Head of Product and Growth — Justin (Product, Content and Growth Strategy, Business Development) — Full time
- Operations/Project Management (Project Management, Process Strategy) — George — Part time
- CTO — Jesse — Part time
- IR lead — Katie — Part time
- Staff Writer — Peter — Part Time
- Smart contract Developer — Craig — Part Time
- An army of volunteers/collaborators/supporters
- Jim (Outgoing)
Stay tuned for upcoming Telos Foundation board elections.
Something big is splashing down this month
Stay tuned, we have an exciting announcement in the social space this month and we cant wait to tell you more about it!