From feature additions and new partnerships to product announcements and a plethora of ecosystem events, September was an exciting time for the Terra community, with plenty of news to get hyped about. What news is that, you ask? I’m glad you asked 😎
Here’s a mega list of everything that happened within the Terra ecosystem in September.
🌎 Ecosystem Updates
- Andromeda launched the second phase of its Galaxy Quest to incentivize testing and bug reporting of the Andromeda testnet.
- To demonstrate the power of IBC Connect, TFM connected Terra to 20 additional Cosmos appchains.
- Station Wallet added support for the Neutron network ✴🎉
- Station Wallet also added support for Injective 🥷 The update also enables Station to automatically generate keys for new coin types, smoothing the way for future network support.
- Passive concentrated liquidity (PCL) went live on Astroport, starting with the ASTRO — LUNA pool. The Astroport team wrote a couple of threads about the implications of PCL for the Cosmos and Terra.
- Astroport limit orders were activated for the Neutron network, powered by Warp Protocol.
- WarpDAO was introduced, and began seeking creatives, innovators, and researchers to work on Warp jobs, UI concepts, and tooling. WarpDAO will work together to take Warp to the next level 🌀
- The Terra ecosystem was #2 in Cosmos developer activity for August 🥈
- The Capapult lockdrop officially ended, and rewards became claimable.
- TFM introduced IBC Earn, which abstracts away the complexity of interchain DeFi.
- White Whale released all liquidity from the amp/bLUNA — LUNA pools, allowing users to withdraw even if their unlock periods have not finished.
- Squid Router announced its Cosmos expansion powered by Axelar, allowing users to swap in, out, and in between the Cosmos without friction.
- Capapult launched the official Capapult Discord channel, for governance discussions, new articles, and more.
- Sayve Protocol was featured in a project spotlight on the Terra Medium.
- New incentives were added to the WHALE-axlUSDC pool on Terra.
- A front-end bug was detected and resolved for Terra limit orders processed through TFM.
- The TFM Cosmos Terminal can now be used to make fungible and non-fungible token trades on Terra.
- Warp coming to Nibiru mainnet? (Yes, it is!)
- Proud to be part of the Migaloo Zone ecosystem 🤜🤛🐳
- Astroport will prohibit use by UK persons and block UK-based IP addresses starting on Oct 4.
- TFL announced its sponsorship of Cosmoverse 2023, including an exhibition booth, a keynote presentation by CEO Chris Amani, and a Warp Protocol workshop and hackathon.
- TFL CEO Chris Amani responded to court documents: Terra Classic bootstrapped validators through a fee subsidies program called Project Santa instead of using inflationary rewards.
🏦 Governance Updates
- Prop 4765, which proposed an airdrop for missed protocols Beefy and GOGO Protocol, passed with 65% in favor.
🤝 Integrations & Listings
- Chihuahua officially integrated the Alliance module 🤝 The community is in the process of selecting Alliance assets to whitelist, including LUNA LSTs.
🎥 Media Features
- In another win for Terraform Labs, investors dropped the class-action lawsuit alleging fraud against TFL in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- @Neutron_org hosted @warp_protocol and @astroport_fi for a Space to discuss Warp’s deployment on Neutron, decentralized automation, limit orders, and what it all means for developers and users.
- @terran_tino created a video about Alliance rewards between Migaloo and Terra.
- @astroport_fi hosted a Space about passive concentrated liquidity, moderated by @rebel_defi.
- @WhiteWhaleDefi released a video tutorial on how to Alliance stake ampWHALE & bWHALE to receive LUNA rewards on Terra.
- @CosmoverseHQ invited TFL’s @Zion_Schum to discuss what’s next for Terra.
- @terra_money hosted Talking Terra with TFL on Sept 14th, which was an organic discussion between the Terra community and TFL’s @vladjdk and @Zion_Schum. Focuses included @enterprise_dao, @warp_protocol, and @jaxdotzone, with plenty of alpha 👀
- @terraspacesorg’s @thejamhole recorded last month’s Monthly Community Update for easy audio reading 📖🎶
✏️ Community Thread Highlights
- @orbital_command published another Terra Weekly 🌖, aggregating all the happenings within the Terra ecosystem.
- @0xcarbon released a quick guide for staking rSWTH on Terra.
- @CosmosATOMDaily dove into the Terra ecosystem with a breakdown of key projects.
- @BackBone_Labs laid out what Alliance is, with real examples and the big picture.
- @yieldmos released a thread about auto-compounding LUNA staking rewards on Yieldmos.
💬 Closing Note
September was a heck of a month, and it only gets more exciting from there. A spoiler alert for the next update: Cosmoverse ⚛ Though it will be featured next month, do yourself a favor and listen to TFL CEO Chris Amani’s Cosmoverse keynote, and get a head start on being incredibly bullish about Terra’s future.