Appium is open source, free and cross-platform mobile App UI automation testing framework. Appium finds its use in cloud device connectivity, application management, dump and object spy as well as storyline highlighting.
The tutorial serves as a guide to install Apium Studio in Eclipse platform in windows.
Prerequisites for Installation
- Install Java
Download and install the latest version of java for developers by visiting Oracle website using the URL
Java SE - Downloads | Oracle Technology Network | Oracle
Java SE downloads including: Java Development Kit (JDK), Server Java Runtime Environment (Server JRE), and Java Runtime…
2. Install Eclipse IDE
- “Download Eclipse IDE for Java Developers” and install it.
Appium installation using Marketplace
1. Open your Eclipse IDE and go to Help > Marketplace
2. Type “Appium Studio” in the search bar and hit “Go”
3. Select “Appium Studio for Eclipse” and install by approving by agreement
4. You can start further proceedings after the Eclipse gets rebooted.
Once the Appium Studio is installed the next step is its “connection to a cloud device”.
To work with the cloud you require a “Cloud URL” and the “Access Key”. And to get the access key you should have a Username and Password.
- To Appium studio in Eclipse to use the cloud, click on “Appium Studio” and select “cloud configuration”.
A Login window for cloud will be opened. Provide your Access key and click “Ok”.
2. Then the next step is to add “Mobile” into the view.
3. Click “Window” > “Perspective” > “Open perspective” > “Other”.
You will get a window for perspectives as follows:
Mobile app automation testing service _ Testvox