A Sniper killed 10+ civilians and its not fiction.
A peaceful protest against a corporate paid a prize of 10+ civilian lives on May last week of 2018 in Thoothukudi otherwise called as Tuticorin. A city from “Tamil Nadu” state with 6.79 crores by population. Ranking #2 in India with a Nominal GDP $247 billion. A friendly neighborhood state.
Sniper kills potential threats to the Nation and its civilians. Cold hard heartless fact. A sniper for the first time hurled through the body of 10+ civilians.
Social media went on a rage with News, videos, facts, blames, verbal abuse. Four persons on TV with split screen for each to throw words and confuse even more. The Irony is, without right information people started to point out. The Times filled with assumptions. Human emotions manipulated by information.
Soon after the news started to spread on social media. Thoothukudi, Pearl city of Tamil Nadu disconnected from the internet world. I and my million others stumbled with questions like “Are they safe?” “Is everything in control?”
We the Tamil, have a great pride in protecting the legacy of the Land, Language, Literature. Women? Men in our state see women larger than his life. She is Bold, Brave, Calm, Collected. Well to sum it up. The strongest among.
யாதுமாகி நிற்பவள் பெண்!
After all the pride, we couldn’t help but hear a women shot in the same Thoothukudi protest. This is the first of its act after we fought for the Indian Independence since 1947.
“For the record of history, a woman was shot and killed in her very own land by a Sniper. I repeat A SNIPER.”
There was a silence in myself after I heard. My thoughts were bursting don’t know what to express. For a moment I said to myself because of my one wrong vote to the political parties. I’m one of the reasons for the death of women in our own land.
This is the beginning. Haven’t slept for two days on a row. Still shaking me. Depressed, angry and frustrated. The social media filled with words without a realization. I couldn’t, because I don’t want to react for a moment and carry on with my work. I said myself, I’ll write for the sake of my people through the art which Identified my Identity.
I had a mindset that everything is good around. Until 10+ was shot by a sniper.
So, I will write and I
- will continue to write & donate words & voice until my land turns to gold.
- will continue to write & donate until education becomes a necessity like food & water.
- will continue to write & donate for a peaceful protest until my Nation prospers.
- will continue to write & donate for a better tomorrow.
- will continue to donate a educated and well informed legacy.
Motive? Educate by writing into the veins of my young fellow Tamil’s. A positive and humanity centered writing. Inspires the one who will stand for their rights and recover soon. Recover?
“For us, yes. We confronted a war with our Government last month.”
This is the southern part of India. When I started to read the national news it is even disaster. In the world oh boy! hatred comments, racism, religious riots, skin color scores, raping kids, reckless spending.
Finally here we are. Hypnotized by information.
“I hope one day, My people finally, be cured of the disease called “Oblivion”.”
So after I decided to write. I also started to
- Donate some time to watch my actions in the words I Speak.
- Donate some time to manage my home better and solve problems. Hope it will reflect in the neighborhood and soon in my nation.
- Donate more time to spend with parents like how they gave everything to raise a kid.
- Donate time to filter the corrupted, manipulated shit over the internet. Rest. The war is long.
- Donate time to listen and understand what other person is trying to say in the room.
- Donate time to develop build the “Best skill in the world” and educate the same who don’t have the space to learn.
- Donate time, voice & work to the society. Because I’m a part of a society.
These aren’t overnight changes. But with one vision, and one road. The destination is not far.
“There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.”
Give more than what your heart can think of. We the Tamil’s haven’t donated thoughts on our future, kids, land, & water. If we gave a little time and space to think for a minute, well the story would be different than what we are experiencing now. I hope the days are not far.
“I and My people will finally be cured of the disease “Oblivion”.”
Happy part of the story, After loss of 10+ lives, Government finally shut down the Plant once and for all. Now the people in Thoothukudi can breathe, drink, eat without a doubt of toxic. This isn’t over. This is not a revenge story. It’s time for a lesson.
“If you give a good thing to the world, then over time your karma will be good, and you’ll receive well.”
Does the article helps? Give a 👏 and post your suggestions below. Find articles related to Design, Product management & UX @alankar Sudarsan