Why America Can’t Figure Out Flood Prevention — The Five Best Ideas of the Day: August 29, 2017
- Why can’t America figure out flood prevention?
by Jed Horne in Citylab
- Growing virtual plants could help farmers boost their crops.
by Leslie Nemo in Scientific American
- Pancreatic cancer is hard to diagnose and has a low survival rate. This app helps catch it early.
by Jennifer Langston at the University of Washington
- This innovative program will get more marginalized workers into jobs while helping businesses access capital.
by Neil Parmar in Ozy
- Armed with artificial intelligence, these drones are spotting sharks before they reach swimmers.
by Amar Toor in the Verge