Youth Prisons Don’t Work — The Five Best Ideas of the Day: October 31, 2016
- Youth prisons don’t work. Here’s what does.
by Mishi Faruqee in TIME
- Does our democracy actually need a months-long presidential campaign?
by Lucia Graves in the Guardian
- To fight lung disease, scientists built a lung on a chip and taught a robot to smoke.
by the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
- Did slaves produce your food?
by Elizabeth Grossman in Civil Eats
- To get new scientific breakthroughs, we need scientists to branch out.
by Tolu Oni, Fabio Sciarrino, Gerardo Adesso & Rob Knight in Nature