Show Notes, Episode 1 — Interview with Andrew Burke
Australian Poetry News
- Mark Roberts from Rochford Street Review is looking for contributors. Reviews, launch speeches, writings about readings, art, film, drama. I know Rochford Street Review does make a payment, which is almost unique in writing for the web. Check out rochfordstreetreview.com.
- This Saturday, 14 March, at the NSW Writers Centre, Verse & Voice: A Poetry and Spoken Word Festival. More info: http://www.nswwc.org.au/whats-on/festivals-2/verse-voice-a-poetry-and-spoken-word-festival/.
- Les Murray will be appearing at the Newcastle Writers Festival — March 20 to 22. Find out more at http://www.newcastlewritersfestival.org.au/poetry.
- Melbourne Spoken Word is launching anew website in about a week and an audio journal, hit them up at melbournespokenword.bigcartel.com. They need support to get this up and running.
- Congratulations to Sarah Rice, for her Ron Pretty Poetry Prize winning poem ‘Speaking bluntly’.
- Book Release — Caitlin Maling, Conversations I’ve Never Had. Find out more from Fremantle Press.
- There’s a new call for submissions from Work and Tumble (www.workandtumble.net), a new initiative by Melbourne poet R.D. Wood.
- If you’re doing PR for a publisher and by god we know you’re listening, please hit us up on email@example.com.
Interview with Andrew Burke
- Please follow Andrew Burke’s blog hi spirits.
- Andrew Burke’s latest collection of poetry, One Hour Seeds Another, can be purchased from Walleah Press.
- Ben Etherington’s essay surveying Australian Poetry Criticism.
- Martin Duwell’s Australian Poetry Review.
The Australian Poetry Podcast thanks Regime Books for technical support. Please grab a copy of Regime’s latest poetry issue by visiting bit.ly/regime5.
Thanks to Theo Hondros for providing an opening theme. Check him out on Soundcloud.