Why Is This Money Falling From the Sky?
A few theories.
First, the background:
Money falling from the sky sparks police investigation
It's raining money! Pedestrians in Indianapolis were surprised Tuesday when green bills began falling from the sky and…
Police investigated the downtown area and found money blowing off a rooftop of a 10-story building. One officer found a couple hundred $1 bills scattered across the roof, including five partial money wrappers that read “Federal Reserve Bank,” Fox59 reports.
The Qdoba restaurant on the bottom floor of the building had reported a robbery last Friday, but it was not known if the bills on the roof were related.
Second, the theories:
- Totally the Qdoba thing. Everyone knows that the best course of action after stealing a bunch of money is to keep it for several days and then leave it on a rooftop.
- SOMEONE ROBBED THE FEDERAL RESERVE BANK. Didn’t you read the money wrappers?
- A Black Mirror “Shut Up and Dance” scenario in which the person involved refused to dance and accepted the consequences.
- A Now You See Me scenario in which the illusionists had hoped to draw a bigger crowd, but they felt bad about posting the cryptic invitations on Twitter because everyone was talking about the latest Trump news. (“It’s not the right time to do self-promotion,” one of the illusionists said.)
- A new teen meme: the Money Toss. Teens try to throw a dollar bill off a rooftop, which is harder than it sounds. (You try throwing a dollar and see how far you can get it. Half the time it shifts direction in flight and ends up back at your feet.)
- Trickle-down economics is finally working.
Any theories you want to add to the list?