Sunny Side Updates
The Brain is a Noodle Newsletter || Week 7!
I want to know how your week went!
- How did celebrate the last week of October? Did you celebrate Halloween, and if yes, how?
- What are you looking forward to in November? What new habits do you want to form? What habits do you want to let go of?
- What’s one song that’s stuck in your head right now?
The Brain is a Noodle*
*This is factually incorrect. Please absolutely do not go out and eat brains. 🧟♀️🧟♂️
🍜 Piping Hot New(dle) Pieces of the Week
Take a sip of these!
✍ Weekly Poetry Prompts
Try your hand at these!
Costume ~ An Imposter in an Extrovert’s Costume
Trees ~ Autumnal Forests: A Vibrant Visual Fire
Caramel ~ Surprising Harmony: Sea Salt and Caramel
Gratitude ~ This poem is for creators like you
Vegetables ~ Wishing You a Good Poop
Warmth ~ Are You In Need of a Relaxing Break?
Autumn ~ What is Autumn To you?
Halloween ~ When You Come Upon The Door of Death
Make up a word for a slightly inconvenient but funny instance that has occurred to you recently ~ Yellbow
📝 Poetry Responses
Need inspiration before you tackle this week’s poetry prompts? Here’s last week’s batch!
🔊 Amazing Voices to Amplify
We don’t have to let the algorithm decide what we get to read. Here are my manually saved faves!
The Eggcademic Corner
🥓 Quick brEGGfast Bites
What I’m watching: Schitt’s Creek! (Just wrapped up season 2)
What I’m reading: The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- I just got Spotify. Not Spotify Premium. Just Spotify. I had actually stopped listening to music altogether for a few years, because I was so obsessed with my 12938123687 podcasts, but now I’m diving back into it. Right now my playlists are just a bunch of kpop and hit songs from, uh, the 2000s.
- The reason I got Spotify is because I’m starting to workouts! My goal is to make it into a regular habit that’s a part of my life just like meal prep, meditating, etc. The best way I’m doing this is to a) remove barriers that get me distracted, and “choosing a playlist” is often enough to get me distracted enough to never actually get to working out. I’ve already made the decision that I’ll just play a certain playlist so that barrier is no longer an excuse for me to procrastinate on working out.
- I created a new phone app! I run an instagram where I create groupchats based on requests. I got really bungled down trying to create every single request people had so now I have a new system where people vote for the top 21 groupchats each week (3/day) & I queue those every week 😇 The website I created this app with is incredibly straightforward to use because the app is created from Google Sheets, something I’m already familiar with and love using, so this was an amazing way to spend my Saturday afternoon.
🎊 Top 3 articles of the week
Celebrate with me!
- Why these medium design changes hurt
- 3 ways to tackle chores on bad days
- This poem is for creators like you
😭 Flop 3 articles of the week
Give these a little love, will ya?
- Mindfully washing the dishes (poetry)
- Snowflakes (poem about memories that melt)
- Unrest (a poem about u)
🧠🍜 Thank you to the Noodle Team!
challenge: pick 3 writers you haven’t met yet and get acquainted with their pieces!
Fathiyah Zb | Not quite Steve Fisher | Amna Asif | Jacobo the First | Aimée Gramblin | A Fresh Pot of Coffee | Rebecca Stevens A. | Imad | James G Brennan | Mary Keating | Jay Avery | h.a wadi | Pablo Pereyra | Isaac | Jenine Bsharah Baines | Rochelle Silva | Jade-Ceres Violet D. Munoz | Ruchi Thalwal | Clare Almand | Dana Sanford | Naomi Leilani Acosta | Dr. Jackie Greenwood | Fathiyah Zb | Amna Asif | Not quite Steve Fisher
Hope you get a nice coffee break length to take a hot second, breathe & enjoy the current moment. ☕