🌞 Sunny Side Updates
The Brain is a Noodle Weekly Newsletter | Week 4!
I want to know how your week went!
- Did you know that mattresses are supposed to be rotated/ flipped regularly?
- What was the highlight of your week?
- What’s one thing you want to schedule ahead so that you can make sure everyone involved can make it? (*akhem, online board game nights, I’m looking @ you).
The Brain is a Noodle*
*This is factually incorrect. Please absolutely do not go out and eat brains.
✍ Weekly Poetry Prompts
Try your hand at these!
- Black from Darkness (a Halloween Haiku)
- Candy Corn from Candy Corn (Halloween Haiku)
- Horror, Apples, Candy, Orange, Leaves, Movies, Sweaters from The Sequel
- Punctuation. Your piece can explore punctuation as a concept, be devoid of punctuation as a statement, be solely constructed of commas. Just be you, as Amy Marley says :). from …?
- Reciprocity. from Tendencies
🍜 Piping Hot New(dle) Pieces of the Week
Take a sip of these!
James G Brennan
📝 Poetry Responses
Need inspiration before you tackle this week’s poetry prompts? Here’s last week’s batch!
Punctuation by Rochelle Silva
🔊 Amazing Voices to Amplify
We don’t have to let the algorithm decide what we get to read. Here are my manually saved faves!
Let’s play a game of monopoly — USA edition by Lincoln W Daniel
The difference that matters by Aisha Mustapha
I wish I knew how by Salma Alaa
Adjunct professor or woman dating a dude who won’t commit: who said it? by Jennie Young
Let your art heal your heart by Juliette Roanoke
The Eggcademic Corner
🥓 Quick brEGGfast Bites
- What I’m watching: It’s Okay to Not Be Okay
- What I’m reading: Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- What I’m listening to: Lovesick Girls by Blackpink
- FIRST OF ALL, IT WAS WORLD EGG DAY YESTERDAY
- Secondly, it’s the Canadian Thanksgiving long weekend so I’m curling up on my soft mattress and finishing some reading!
- Finally, pineapple does go on pizza, that’s all.
🎊 Top 3 articles of the week
Celebrate with me!
- Pumpkin (a Halloween Haiku)
- The Story of How I Learned You Could Clap More Than Once (a story of instant regret 🚨)
- 3 Ways to Tackle Chores on Bad Days
😭 Flop 3 articles of the week
Give these a little love, will ya?
- Fertilizer (a poem … about poop and growth)
- The Basics of Solitude (poem)
- Life as Seasons Rather Than Chapters (poem)