“Get to know a … ” series
“Get to know a …” series is a new lunchtime talk series where we’ll be chatting with people who code in their job role. We want to expose our community to the huge variety of roles possible that involve coding, not just Web Developer or Software Engineer.
So join us every Friday at 12 noon (BST) from July 2nd to chat with the following people:
- Game Developer — Essi Jukkala
- DevOps Engineer — Mezbaur Rahman
- Digital Artist — Mónica Rikić
- Data Scientist — Anushka Fernando
- Hardware Developer — Damon Hart-Davis
- 3D Designer — Bruno Girin
- Cloud Engineer s— James Grant & Ben Crinion
- Developer Advocate — Avital Tzubeli
- Accessibility Specialist — Beverley Newing
In each session the engineers will spend 20 minutes discussing their role, what they do, how they got the role, followed by a 20 minute Q&A where you can ask the participant any questions about their role.
This series could go on for many more weeks so if you know of someone in a role or you yourself are in a role not mentioned above, we’d love to hear from you/them. Email us email@example.com. All sessions will be recorded and uploaded to our YouTube.
RSVP for the first one is now open, happening on Friday 2nd July at 12 noon (BST). RSVP here.
And a final big shout out to Infinity Works who are sponsoring this series of talks ❤️