Introducing The Coffeelicious 2.0
Please note: we are not accepting any new submission, via email/twitter or any other medium mentioned below. If you are an existing writer, please continue to submit your stories and they shall be published within a week.
Hello, readers and writers of Medium. I’m Akshay here, current Editor-in-Chief of our beloved publication “The Coffeelicious.” Over time, we have grown leaps and bounds beyond what our founder Srinath Reddy had envisioned. As of this writing, we have crossed the 150k follower mark (Hurrah!). You all rock!
Recently, Medium went 2.0 on us, and we felt the time was ripe to go Coffeelicous 2.0 as well. I hope you like our new logo:
The writers of The Coffeelicious are the heart and soul of this publication. We have over 1,000 writers, each one contributing their stories and life lessons to our publication. As a rule from the very beginning, we at The Coffeelicious accept almost all the submitted stories, because what may not appeal to someone might just be bookmarked by another. Who are we to stand in the way?
But that does not mean we accept everything. Send us a grammatically erroneous piece or a boring ‘how to’ listicle and you’re not going to get the notification of your story being published.
To help streamline our submission process, so we may continue providing quality content (we do read every story that goes out) we present to you:
Submission Guidelines For The Coffeelicious
(Gods of Medium, I miss center aligning.)
What are we looking for?
Tell us a story. Tell us your story. Give us a nugget of your life, a piece of your soul, gift wrapped in words. Use the best wrapper you have. Show us the workings of your mind. Twist it all around and make us re-read a sentence because it is so whimsical. Open your heart to us. Bleed on this white screen, it’s too clean. We want to know it all. Don’t disappoint us. Tell us everything.
If you are already a Writer for The Coffeelicious:
If you wish to be added as a Writer For The Coffeelicious, there are three ways to go about this:
- Email: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a small introduction of yourself along with a link to your medium profile and the medium link to the draft/story you wish to submit. All word files, attached documents, and inline text will go unread. (Medium’s clean interface has spoilt us and we loathe reading anything anywhere else.) Please use the following format for the subject line: “Submission: YOUR NAME”.
- Twitter: Pitch yourself to us in 140 characters or less. This is a challenge, and if we like your Tweet (be witty), we will contact you. Please do not initiate a DM with us, we will not respond. Our handle is: @TCoffeelicious (follow us!)
- Luck: You can imagine us editors as a bunch of hunters or scouts who are always on the lookout for well-written stories that have yet to find a home. You may be new to Medium, or a veteran, and if your story pleases us (and is not published in any other publication), you’ll get an email requesting you to publish it in The Coffeelicious. So, keep publishing your stories and keep your Email Notifications on.
Stories not based in Text:
Medium’s elegant editor is a powerful tool in a creative’s hand. There are storytellers out there who tell stories without resorting to the medium Medium was designed for — writing. Podcasts, Photo Essays, Cartoons, content in any form imaginable, if done well, can be a boon to a reader always in search of something different. I’ve even seen a story made up entirely of Scanned Post-Its.
If you have such a quirky story lying around, submit, and make The Coffeelicious its new home.
Certain Rules Apply
- We do not accept stories that are published in other Publications on Medium.com. If your story is published on an external site, simply add a line at the bottom stating that this was published here first.
- Stories once published in The Coffeelicious may not be removed and/or added to any other publication on Medium. This does not limit you from publishing the story on any other site.
- If you submit two or more pieces on the same day, they will be published with a gap of a few days. We dislike spamming people with the same writer.
- Please submit only one story in your submission email. Make that your best one. If we add you as a writer, you can always submit the others.
- It is a request that all submitted stories must have an image (recommended: at the top of the story). Stock or otherwise. If no image is present, the editor will add one at his/her discretion. (You can, of course, change it later…but first impressions won’t be of your choosing.)
Use this useful list if you don’t know where to look:
It can be insanely hard to find high quality, high-res free stock photos for personal and commercial use.medium.com
If you are a Publication:
Medium has numerous publications. Sadly, not many get the love they deserve. The Coffeelicious is out to change that! We are proud to announce the launch of our weekly feature: Publication Spotlights!
Now, along with your Sunday afternoon cup of coffee, readers can discover new and upcoming publications that are interesting, entertaining, informative, and everything in between, while up-and-coming publishers can promote their promising publications to our 150K+ followers.
For more info on Publication Spotlights —
(Publication Spotlights has been discontinued until further notice.)
If for some reason you haven’t heard of The Coffeelicious, come join us. We’re home to some of the best stories on Medium. Best enjoyed with your daily cup of coffee.
Frequently Given Answers:
- Cartoons? Comics? We love ‘em.
- No, we do not pay our writers. (We’re working on it!)
- Why, yes, we do accept Novel Excerpts and Works in Progress.
- Yes, we do publish poetry, too. (But we recommend trying to get them published in a Poetry Publication.)
- Fiction is always welcome. The more the merrier.
- Serial Fiction? Email us and we’ll discuss.
- Once submitted, your story will be published in 10–12 days on approval. If it isn’t, give us a nudge. (We are only human, for the most part.)
- Srinath Reddy is currently on a hiatus from editing. He will return, but don’t hold your breath.
There is a lot more coming up — writing prompts, competitions, Editor Highlights, opportunities — so, stay tuned.