Friday Picks (7/14)
After a little vacation and hiatus for the MLB all star break, we’re back and better than ever. Our first week ended at a record of 25–18, let’s keep on winning.
- Los Angeles Dodgers M/L (-115) 7:10 pm: The Dodgers will send Brandon McCarthy to the mound against the Marlins. McCarthy is having a great season at 6–3 with a 3.12 ERA. The Dodgers are much better than the Marlins and I imagine Giancarlo Stanton may still be tired from the amount of work he had to do over the all star break.
- Washington Nationals M/L (-128) 7:10 pm: The Nats top lefty Gio Gonzalez will go against the Reds at Great American Ballpark. Look for him to neutralize Joey Votto and the Nats lineup to explode against Reds’ starter Tim Adleman at the hitter friendly Cincy grounds.
- Milwaukee Brewers -1.5 (+115) 8:10 pm: The NL Central leading Brewers look to get off to a great start to the second half of the season vs the worst team in baseball. Starter Zach Davies sports a 10–4 record and looks to improve that tonight.
- 76ers -2.5 (-110) 8:30 pm: In a little summer league action, although they are still missing 1st overall pick Markelle Fultz, I see Philly easily beating the lowly Chicago Bulls squad that has struggled this summer to say the least.
- Carlos Carrasco Strikeouts OV 7.5 (-115) 10:05 pm: The Athletics strikeout more than all but 2 teams in the Major Leagues and Carrasco has been pitching gems of late. I look for him to follow his strong first half with another great game tonight with possibly double digit strikeouts.