Useful information for the Boc Hackathon Fintech 2.0 teams!
Useful information for the teams that have registered so far and for those interested in participating in boc hackathon fintech 2.0 that will be held from 26 to 28 October 2018 at the Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation in Nicosia.
We wish you good preparation!!! All the information is available at http://bochackathon.com
We believe that the Marathon will be a lifetime experience for you as it involves applied technology and business innovation, important prizes, creativity, high-level mentors, participating organizations and companies and collaboration opportunities for everyone!
A few things you have to pay attention to:
The big day is coming. In this article, you will find some useful information about your participation in Boc Hackathon Fintech 2.0. Please read it carefully!
Should you have any questions about the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the name of your team.
A. boc hackathon fintech 2.0 program and process
- When: 26 to 28 October 2018
- Where: Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation in Nicosia (map)
- Program: http://bochackathon.com/programma/
- It is important that you attend the opening of the hackathon on Friday, October 26th, at 18:30 to know more about the process and the evaluation of the applications. Check-in starts at 15:00.
- If you do not have a team and it’s just you, you should arrive early on Friday, October 26th, so that we can help you join a team :)
- If you want another member to join your team, please register them under your team name. If your team doesn’t have a name yet, we will come up with one together during the event.
- You will have to take part in one of the compulsory mentoring sessions on Saturday, October 27th. On Friday, the teams will be presenting their initial ideas.
- If someone you know wants to watch Sunday’s presentation, please let him/her know how to register as a visitor http://ticketing.crowdhackathon.com/crowdpolicy/bochackathon2
- Can I spend the night at the venue ? Yes, you can. The venue where boc hackathon fintech 2.0 is to be held will be open throughout the event.
B. Specifications — ideas — prizes — mentors
- Prizes are important! The most important one is the opportunities for everyone! Know more about the prizes at http://bochackathon.com/#prizes . The page is constantly being updated.
- Read the specifications carefully: http://bochackathon.com/prodiagrafes/. They will provide you with plenty of ideas and links. If you haven’t done so yet, start thinking of your idea in the form of mock up, concept, and the mentors will help you take your idea further.
- Evaluation Guide: http://bochackathon.com/odigos-mentoring/ . We will explain everything and answer all your questions on Friday, October 26th, during the kick off meeting.
- Read this article on the 8 key features of Boc Hackathon Fintech 2.0 https://goo.gl/acPcXX
- The mentors will be available throughout the event.
- Information on the open api days that took place in Limassol and Nicosia is available at https://medium.com/the-crowdpolicy-collection/bochackathon-open-api-days-50562ffecf43.
- You are free to work with technologies and tools you are familiar with :)
C. Venue, program and crowdhackathon process
- Check-in starts on Friday, October 26th,at 15:00. You should come earlier to avoid long queues.
- After the opening ceremony on Friday , the teams will be distributed to the tables (Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation in Nicosia). Our team will be on site to help with the matchmaking process.
- The development of applications starts on Friday 26/10 and continues on Saturday 27/10. On Sunday 28/10 the teams will have to present their applications to the audience and the jury (pitch). Get started early to complete your application and presentation in time.
- Throughout the marathon, the mentors will help you shape your idea and application and prepare a good presentation.
- For collaboration with the mentors and support requests we will be using Slack // you will be given more information during the hackathon.
- Check-in for team members that will not be present at the opening will be available until Saturday, October 27th, in the morning.
- For updates, join the facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/621068318250809/ .
D. What you should have with you on site:
- Your identity card or other identifying documents
- The registration receipt you received by email following your registration or your QR ticket, printed or electronically, so that there are no delays.
- Laptop — multi-purpose plugs — charging cables
- You should wear comfortable clothes :)
E. Stay tuned for ideas, updates and news on Slack and the facebook event
- If you have a facebook account, join the event to receive updates on boc hackathon fintech 2.0 https://www.facebook.com/events/621068318250809/
- If you don’t have a facebook account or don’t want to join the facebook event, just make sure that you check bochackathon.com regularly :) :)
F. Contact, related links
- Useful preparation information: http://bochackathon.com/
- Program: http://bochackathon.com/programma/
- Specifications and deliverables: http://bochackathon.com/prodiagrafes/
- Registration: http://ticketing.crowdhackathon.com/crowdpolicy/bochackathon2
- Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/621068318250809/
- Terms of participation: http://bochackathon.com/terms/
Should you have any questions about the event, please contact us at email@example.com or <firstname.lastname@example.org> indicating the name of your team.