My Process of Repurposing a Book
Gift for husband journal
- Choose the book: Always hardcover. I look for spines and stitching like the photo below. I look at both size and width — how big do I want to be? How long do I want the finished project to be?
- Tear up the book: I usually tear a page out for every two pages I leave in. Though through working with his journal, I may start removing half.
- Save torn pages for a later project.
- Use plain scrapbook paper or cardstock to cover page.
- Embellish — either with words, stickers, pictures, or other pages.
- Complete pages one by one.
- (Hopefully) finish the book and gift.