Use a Breathing Buddy
To calm you down when you are worried
When we’re worried, we hyperventilate — breathing unusually fast. Long exhales followed by natural breaths can help prevent this. A breathing buddy calms you.
How to make your breathing buddy
- Cut a hole in the bottom of a paper cup.
- Decorate the cup as you like — perhaps use a calming color. 👆
- Cut a few strips of tissue paper
- Stick them around the edge of the cup with tape or glue.
- Any end is fine.
- Inhale through your nose.
- Holding the cup to your mouth, exhale — blowing through the cup slowly.
- Repeat for three breaths.
- Watch your breath moving the streamers.
How do you feel?
You can just sit and breathe, but isn’t this more fun?