When Self-motivation Is Not Enough
We need someone to keep us accountable and push us towards our goals
Last week was one of those weeks for me.
What I did
- First, I roped in a friend –someone I trust — to keep me on track.
- I shared my goals/list with her with a timeline for completing recurring tasks.
- We decided when we would check in with one another.
- I know she will be supportive and never pull me down if I waver.
- I also made my own daily objectives list to make sure I finish it.
- I gradually increased the size of this list as I strengthened my internal accountability.
It makes me feel that I have what it takes to succeed.
Sure, my friend nags me more often than she should…but hey, that’s a perk.