Why Reading Non-Fiction is Important
and I need to do more of it.
One of my bookish resolutions is to read more non-fiction.
There are a couple of reasons for this, but a few include:
- to be more informed about the world around me
- to learn in depth about topics I’m interested in
- to see different perspectives
- to be inspired by other’s stories
- to get more writing ideas
Just as fiction is a goldmine for visiting different worlds and escaping, non-fiction helps you develop as a person. It gives you different insights and gives you more ideas on what you’re interested in.
Plus, if written well, non-fiction is just as entertaining.
Since non-fiction is a whole bunch of genres I don’t usually go toward, I’m creating a 5x5 list for next year. 5 topics/genres and 5 books within it.