Enable Not Control
“To deliver business value using decentralized technologies, it is imperative that you keep an optimal balance between enabling the benefits and controlling the outcome.”
The greatest successes in humanity have happened when there were social catalysts that enabled the ingenuity of the participants without suffocating them. We are at one such pivotal moment. Technology has evolved over the past 50+ years from a background artist to a supporting actor and is now poised to become the hero of the action; decentralization is about to take the center-stage. At this moment, the primary challenge we face is how to enable this value transformation equitably among everyone in the eco-system without creating asymmetry. How to de we enable, but not control?
As digital technology becomes omniscient in our lives, the process of storing and managing user data is becoming vital for our success. Of late, the industry has focused on how to use decentralized technology to address this challenge and better support the storage needs of users. Where is data stored? Who controls it? How is it managed? Who has access to it? How safe is it? What we are looking for is an efficient private, personalized, secure, flexible, and convenient storage model for user data.
Centralized cloud storage solutions are convenient, customizable, and deliver predictable performance. But these solutions also introduce systemic operator risk and don’t support the desired flexibility, privacy and user control demanded by today’s applications.
Today’s, emerging decentralized storage solutions are flexible, personalized, transparent, and have minimal centralization risk. But by the very public nature, these decentralized infrastructures lack convenience and predictability of an enterprise enabler. In these set-ups, you are mostly ‘on your own’ and end up with a ‘lowest common denominator’ solution. Not a good proposition if you are looking for predictable performance and enterprise-grade convenience.
So, what is the answer? How do we provide the convenience, customizability, and predictability of centralized systems while building a decentralized model to reduce risk, increase flexibility, privacy, and support personalization & control?
What we need is a new organization construct (technology and business) that can act as an enabler of the decentralization infrastructure while taking accountability to deliver the required convenience and predictability to the users. In a such a model we will be able to deliver privacy, personalization, predictability, and convenience in a public shared infrastructure
“A Predictable Decentralized Infrastructure (PDI)”
On the MóiBit Network:
• Users can create completely personalized private virtual decentralized networks. This is enabled through a Privacy Management Model that is foundationally integrated into IPFS with appropriate modifications to DHT to support the concept of a User. Personalized replication, garbage collection, encryption, and node selection support complete privacy.
• Centralization risk is reduced, and flexibility & fault-tolerance is increased through cross-vendor network support and with geographically distributed nodes across thousands of data centers around the globe
• Operational convenience is ensured thru personalized key management, CRUD & search operations using filenames, versioning, bigdata support, and seamless integration with blockchains
• Predictability and performance ensured through Read Guarantee Algorithms and through personalized resource planning, monitoring, and reporting dashboards
• Business decentralization and convenience achieved by transparent SLA’s, fiat pricing, and open supplier agreements — all persisted on public chains.
• Decentralization & provenance achieved through MóiBit Trust Quotient, an intelligent measure that periodically persists the overall MóiBit system state (network & content) on a public chain
Using the PDI model, we are able to able to deliver enterprise-grade benefits of centralized solutions on decentralized, shared public infrastructures without compromising on the ethos of decentralization. You no longer have to choose one or the other. With this model, decentralization can come off age and practically deliver the business benefits it promises. MóiBit is one key implementation of this model.
In this journey, to be successful, all the like-minded decentralization players have to join the dance. We have started this PDI journey by integrating MóiBit with Matic Network, a scalable blockchain network, to deliver a pioneering decentralized storage solution for developers with privacy, personalization, predictable performance, enterprise-grade convenience, and immutable provenance.
Who wants to join the PDI tango? Enable but Not Control.
Join the tango by up voting MóiBit on Producthunt.
Anantha R Krishnan
Founder & Chief Ideator — Aicumen Technologies
About Aicumen Technologies:
Aicumen Technologies is a US-based firm Empowering value creation in the digital economy by building trusted distributed intelligent applications using Blockchain + AI. Founded in 2017, Aicumen has launched the private beta for two of its products including MóiBit and Finets. Aicumen is also involved in the research and development of Krama Intelligence Protocol.
Follow us on Social Media:
Access MóiBit codebase: https://www.npmjs.com/search?q=%40moibitjs