If you’re a streamer or you have considering streaming, you’ve probably asked yourself what tools you should be using, so here’s a guide to the best ones I recommend upon starting your Twitch streaming life.
The guide includes:
- Moderator bots
- Donation tools
- Analytic tools
- Twitch trackers
- Bonus round: emoticons and stream health
You can find the full in-depth and up-to-date guide over on our website: https://theemergence.co.uk/the-best-tools-for-twitch-streaming/
Leave the heavy lifting to some bots that live in your chat. These bots will help with chat moderation and provide simple answers based on popular commands that viewers can ask.
Some of the most popular and best include:
- Streamlabs Bot
For ALL the Twitch Bots, read our full in-depth guide:
There are two different types of donations on Twitch, these include Bits and Donations.
Twitch Bits / Cheering
Donations (and tips)
Using the below tools, you can set up a Paypal, Google Wallet or Cash.me to allow users to donate money from their accounts to yours. (You may also use a tool such as Patreon or GameWisp to get a monthly subscription.)
But there are individual donation tools such as:
- Streamtip — Streamtip is one of the best way for live streamers to collect tips on the Internet.
However, donation tools tend to act as total management dashboards such as:
And now for some more in-depth information on those tools:
Twitch Streaming Management Tools:
The best Twitch Trackers
Do you need help tracking your Twitch streaming success with followers/donations? Or just stalking your favourite broadcaster? These tools may be perfect for you.
Twitch recently updated their stats page within every Dashboard. It now shows a ‘stream-first’ and a new heatmap mode will show how much you have streamed over the past hour.
If you are using Twitter to promote your stream (which you should be…) then Twitter Analytics let you see how these tweets are doing and whether anyone is seeing or engaging with them.
Now you understand the best tools to use, read our full guide to your first stream on Twitch:
Getting Started On Twitch: Your First Stream
So you are going to stream on Twitch for the first time ever, but where do you start?
- #updated 23/10/2017 — Added StreamElements and switched Bebo from a Bot to a full all-in-one tool.
- #updated 22/11/2017 — Added more information on bots and Bebo
- #updated 02/01/2018 — Added TwitchTracker and switched Bebo to open-alpha
- #updated 05/02/2018 — Added more information to bots
- #updated 05/02/2018 — Added more information to bots, twitch donations and Bebo
- #updated 19/01/2019 — Re-wrote half the post, updated information about Bebo and StreamElements, tidied up grammar across the whole guide
- #updated 17/07/2019 — Re-wrote entire guide, and uploaded to our website.