How To Look Like The ‘Rocky Horror’ Cast
Welcome to the latest how-to from Make Your Face, a makeup tutorial series with a simple mission: makeup for your own entertainment, Establishment-style.
This week, on the heels of the recent TV-movie update of Rocky Horror Picture Show, Jennifer Culp is gonna Time Warp your ass with not one, not two, but EIGHT characters from the seminal counter-culture spook-fest . . . combined with cultural analysis on the cult phenom and, of course, actually practical tips.
- Fingers are the legit best tool for applying foundation. And they’re free!
- Wig caps are really great, even when you have short hair. And searching “cosplay wigs” on Amazon, eBay, whatever is THE way to find good quality affordable ones (not to mention a delightful way to kill some time on a Sunday afternoon).
- I wouldn’t recommend Columbia’s movie brows to anyone, but bleaching your own brows first makes it easier . . . if you want to do it.
- NYX lipsticks are really excellent; I am not paid to say that; I just love ’em ’cause they’re great and cheap.
- Blush is your friend! A shade that’s a lil’ bit darker than your skin can be used to contour; go (lightly) wild with the color on your cheekbones and the apples of your cheeks.
- Eyeshadow and blush are all the same thing. Put that color wherever the fuck you want it.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, FREAKS.
Find more great tutorials here.