Can’t Join Us in Vancouver on October 30th? No problem!
Check out the 3 ways to get involved in the Great Climate Race virtual race from wherever you are.
Participate from wherever you are! Registration is free, donations are appreciated. Be part of it just by going for a run or a walk any time in the last week of October. and post your pics or vids with hashtag #GreatClimateRace.
Be part of it just by going for a run or a walk any time in the last week of October. and post your pics or vids with hashtag #GreatClimateRace.
How does it Work?
There are 3 different ways to be involved in the Great Climate Race virtual race.
1. The Quick and Easy Way — All you have to do is go for a walk or run anytime in the last week of October and post something on social media. That’s it!
Post pics or video clips on Twitter or Instagram from your run or walk along with the hashtag #GreatClimateRace
Post pics or Vids on Facebook and tag The Great Climate Race.
Or just email us your pics at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post them for you.
2. Raise Money for Solar Energy — If you want to raise money for the renewable energy projects you can set up a profile on our website and collect donations.
3. Compete for Prizes — If you want to compete for prizes you will need to track your running time in a 10k run anytime in the last week of October. You can use your running app and share your results.
You will need to first register for the race on our website and then you will receive further instructions.
All race participant images will be used in the social media stream on our website and on the big screen at the main event in Vancouver. Pics may also be used in future videos and other content. Be part of raising awareness and spreading solar solutions from wherever you are!
Join a team of participants from your neighbourhood or from around the world. Join the teams of people running in Vancouver.
One More Thing
We are developing an app to make it possible to crowdfund with activity tracking software. This will allow us to raise money for renewable energy projects all year long. Raise money just by walk or running wherever you are. If you participate in our virtual race this year you will be invited to be one of the first people to beta test our new app.
Any questions? Contact Ben@GreatClimateRace.org
- Our goal to become the Greenest City in the world rests on engaging residents of all ages, and that starts with addressing climate change. The Great Climate Race is a fun chance for Vancouverites to get involved, and I encourage runners and non-runners alike to join the race!
- Gregor Robertson, Mayor of Vancouver
- The Great Climate Race is not just any old 10k race on the Vancouver seawall. It is one with an environmental awareness and fundraising goal, specifically around solar power.
- Ellie Greenwood, 2 time 100km World Champion, winner of Comrades Marathon, 2014 Ultra Runner of the year
- I can’t wait to run in The Great Climate Race. It is really important to show people what they can do about climate change and I want to help. I’m going to ask my family and my neighbours to sponsor me so that I can support a solar project. I’m going to tell all my friends to run with me, too. Together, we can make a difference.
- Tyger, 11, West Vancouver
- Individuals and families across Canada can and must do their part to help solve this ominous problem — the greatest single threat to humanity’s collective survival. I am heartened to know The Great Climate Race is taking place. By engaging people of all ages and from all walks of life, such an event truly is a way for everybody to ‘think globally, act locally.’
- Hon. Tom McMillan, Former Minister of the Environment, Canada
Originally published at www.greatclimaterace.org.