Baked Vegan Casarecce (striftaria) with Baby Plum Tomatoes & Basil
This dish takes no time to prepare and packs a punch. Turn up the heat by adding more chilli! Perfect with some wine for a weekday quicky!
Ingredients Used From The Greek Lemon Vegan box
•500g Vegan Casarecce with onion, leeks and carrots
•125ml (1/2 the bottle of) Greek extra virgin olive oil
•10 large garlic cloves, crushed
•30 baby plum tomatoes
•1 cup of coarsely chopped basil
•1–5 chilli peppers (adjust accordingly)
•1 glass of white wine (optional)
How to cook it — This method was introduced to The Greek Lemon by a very close friend of ours and well known chef, Andrea.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C fan. In the meantime, boil a large quantity of salted water in a large saucepan (so the casarecce will have a lot of room to boil).
2. In a baking dish, add 150ml of extra virgin olive oil along with crushed (not chopped) garlic, baby plum tomatoes, chilli peppers (optional), salt & pepper as well as the white wine, if using.
3. Bake for 6–8 minutes, until the tomatoes have began to break down and release their juices.
4. Meanwhile boil the pasta for 6 mins, stirring occasionally, until al dente and drain.
5. Add the pasta to the sauce into the baking dish, toss and top with basil. Place back in the oven until you pour a glass of white wine and serve immediately pipping hot!
If not vegan you could add some grated hard cheese (like pecorino) as in the picture :)
Visit our site www.thegreeklemon.co.uk for more recipes and serving suggestions or simply subscribe to our box to deliver to your door The Greek Lemon products and recipes!