32 Horror Movies That Feature Slight To Severe Misogyny And/Or Sex Murder But Are Worth Watching Anyway
by Alexandra Molotkow
32. The Wicker Man (2006)
31. City of the Living Dead
30. I Know What You Did Last Summere
SMG dies! (JLH survives)
29. Urban Legend
Includes the murder of a sexually active goth babe.
28. The Bird With the Crystal Plumage
27. Last Stop on the Night Train
Last House on the Left, on a train! (And not as good.)
26. Savage Streets
Linda Blair with a crossbow.
25. Wolf Creek
“Head on a stick.”
24. Tetsuo: The Iron Man
Don’t date an iron man!
22. Stage Fright (1987)
Stylish as heck.
21. House on the Edge of the Park
20. The Virgin Spring
Yes the head scene.
Teenage boys: evil as fuck.
16. House of A Thousand Corpses
15. The Devil’s Rejects
14. The Evil Dead
Yes the tree scene.
“I like women, especially beautiful ones. If they have a good face and figure, I would much prefer to watch them being murdered than an ugly girl or man.” — Dario Argento
12. Black Christmas (1974)
Classic slasher and at least the second film on this list to have been filmed at my alma mater.
11. Jacob’s Ladder
Second wives: so evil!
10. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer
8. Ms. 45
Zoë Tamerlis Lund.
3. Man Bites Dog
Just a really good movie.
2. Last House on the Left (1972)
1. Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom